Will 'The Galt' go to jail?

Central Scrutinizer

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And how many HAVE you met exactly??

Many, lets say over 50.

Over the years I bought an appartment in Belgium later built a house.

Bought also property in HH, so I do speak from experience.

No, have not met an honest one yet.

Are you sure you're not basing your opinion on stereotypes and reputation rather than actual fact?

Like saying "all bar girls are bad", or "all lawyers are bad"... you don't think maybe you're generalising just a little bit here? :hmmm:

Absolutely.

And you are stereotyping.

Never stated "all" are bad, you imply this.

I only stated "not yet met an honest one", see the difference ?

BB

I don't think it's stereotyping so much as identifying how certain professions attract certain types of people.

Are all land developers crooked? Probably not, but the nature of the enterprise attracts a lot of dishonest types. Are all priests child molesters? No, certainly not, but the power of the position and [often unsupervised] access to children attracts many child molesters to become priests. And so on.

Are all real estate developers dishonest?

Here's a few more stereotypical connundrums...

Are all used car salesmen dishonest?

Are all door to door salespeople annoying?

Are all religious door knockers annoying?

Are all BG's money orientated?

Are all boiler room operators sharks?

Are all Nigerian emails suspect?

Are all lawyers ....

I'd say YES. I've had a few dealings with real estate developers and none of them were pleasant. Who cares about stereotypes, fact is, certain proffessions attract a certain ambience about them.

As far as 'credibility' of a publication/writer goes it is measured by the knowledge or state of mind of the reader. Fox news comes to mind immediately. When someone says they watch fox news I know exactly who i'm dealing with.

One thing stickman has going for him is that he the very picture of consistency. He publishes every week. He has created a workable format. He introduces new items into his weekly often. He touches on a number of issues each week.

He can slant his publication any way he chooses. He can cover his front page in a maddening array of ads. I don't really have an issue with him receiving monies to plug a venue and quite frankly I expect it. I find the whole 'investigations' issue almost laughable. Who in their right mind would pay a punter to investigate a bargirl and not expect an unthinkable outcome.

People read because they love his subject matter and feel a need to be connected to what's happening. The connection is built on one man's perspective [read: opinion]. Does credibility even come into play? Remember that 98% [no factual data behind that number] of the world looks at anyone hanging out in a bangkok p4p area is void of credibility, character, and a complete scumbag [Not a shot at stickman as I'm at the very top of the list].

A punter with credibility. That's really funny. Do you remember MADLIBS?

Hi I'm [insert name here]. I fly halfway across the world to take advantage of the economic inequality between [insert home country here] and Thailand. For a little more than the cost of a good meal at [insert halfway decent restaurant here] in [insert home city here] I can bed a gorgeous 20 year old thai hooker.

Not credible. Incredible perhaps...

'The Galt's' whole position on stickman is one of credibility but I don't think that is the key issue that stickman has to think on. I think the mixture of the sites content [two major themes that don't play well together] is a real deal killer to site growth and continued existence. I would look for sweeping changes to occur in the coming months.

Archived