Younger wives, happier marriage

Faustian

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
been sizing up a Pharmacist lately me 42, she 24. Bit of a stretch i think. I Recon around 28-32 is a better match.

I was 35 and she was 25 when we first met on a greyhound bus in the states and became (cyber)friends, I was there on a work assignment having already lived in Thailand for 8 years she was there taking her masters.

Met her again in BKK when she was 27 within group of mutual friends sort of 2 years later started "Dating" and she moved in with me when she was 29, which is a major move for a Thai Chimese. Got married 3 years ago when my parents and siblings were in Thailand, I am now approaching 46 and she is still 10 years my junior.

The Divide by 2 add 7 rule may of applied that fateful day she chose to sit next to me on a greyhound bus in Washington State but it doesn't now or I would be looking for someone 6 years her junior today.

The education part fis on paper the wife has an MBA in Business from the states and I only have a 2.1 Degree in Engineering from UK Uni so she is more qualified than I am, but with "exposure" factors I have been utilising my qualifications longer than she has and am further along my chosen career path and am therefore better off than she is (career not fiscal).

There is no tried and tested formular for happiness, if it clicks it cliscks. I fell lucky that I met someone as a friend and over a period of years of getting to know each other we realised our feelings were more than just friendship and grew more towards looking out for and taking care of each other, the friendship became something more and is legaly classified as marriage.

I would never be so dillusional to think that being married to her would make her "more mine" than her families, its more of a fact I have been brought into and accepted as part of the family. Its often said in jest "Marry a Thai and you marry her family" but in reality it is true but not purely financialy as some people portay negatively on numerous forums ... jeez you could put another zero on my net worth before I could match my parents in law. Marriage in Thailand and most asian nations is not taking her away and taking care of her but being invited into the close family unit and accepted as an equal.

OK I have sais enough, bottom line get to know her and her family before commitment. Maybe other old hands would like to add own personal experiences to this.

I heard once the ideal age rule of thumb for a wife is:

"Half your age plus 7 years"

But when you live in Pattaya, the rule is:

Why buy a book, when you belong to a library?

There's a fresh crop of young lovelies in the bars every month :hubba:

:beer:

Yeah, but what a way to go!

I recently did some charity work at both a Christian and Jewish seniors retirement village in Perth, Oz.

Poor buggers - you should have seen them wearing nappies (diapers), dribbling food, one old dear reverting to childhood clutching her dolly.

I prefer Hunter S. Thompson's philosophy:

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, and shouting GERONIMO!"

In 10 years of living in Pattaya and 20 of visiting, I have not experienced a single spot of bother, apart from being pickpocketed once, which was half my own stupid fault. I love the place! :up:

Geronimo! :content:

Yeah, but what a way to go!

I recently did some charity work at both a Christian and Jewish seniors retirement village in Perth, Oz.

Poor buggers - you should have seen them wearing nappies (diapers), dribbling food, one old dear reverting to childhood clutching her dolly.

I prefer Hunter S. Thompson's philosophy:

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, and shouting GERONIMO!"

In 10 years of living in Pattaya and 20 of visiting, I have not experienced a single spot of bother, apart from being pickpocketed once, which was half my own stupid fault. I love the place! :up:

Geronimo! :content:

and happilly married every evening to a new bride.

Archived