Thai Hospital Bullocks!

cavanami

Beware.

My friend has been in Samitivej hospital for the past three months and after they agree to to payment paln, they change!

WTF!!!

We have a legal, binding contract, I have already made the first payment and now they change...bullshit!!!

Tourists and x-Pats beware of the bullshit that this "top"NOT hospital puts out!

They want to kick out my friend AFTER we have agreed to a payment plan...the US Embassy is aware of the total situation, but being a puzzy US gov institution,,,they are ready to cave in....spread the word, if you get sick in LOS, you are fucked and your Embassy is fuck for all help!!!

Sorry your friend, is sick.

I do not understand, what role, you expect the US Embassy to play, in this situation?

If, he was without $, I can see it their responsibility to transport him, to his home state. I know they have done that in the past.

That sounds quite generous....not sure if Id want to rely on the UK embassy to do the same.Read about a case a couple of years ago where a traveller needed hospital attention and repatriation by special chartered plane and the relatives had to pick up the bill...

Guest HonoluluJimmy

Speak for you own governments offerings in Thailand. I for one am very please with what the Edifice of Freedom on Wireless Road offers.

Most impressed in the exterior changes to the accesway to the public service section. Well, being place to the head of the line always helps!

Shite the do outreach in HKT etc. Have an office in Chang Mai and all.

The US embassey functions like many organizations. They are only as good as the people who are representing them. So you can have the same org standards but one year a lazy or less than asute employee and the next year a compassionate and bright individual who can get things accomplished...

Not sure how medical transport works with the US embassy but I would guess the patient would evetually have to pay back whatever costs (if) the US gov doles out intially..I doubt its a free ride...

My guess is that the embassey functions as a cordinator and organizer but financial burdens and main medical decesions rests with the family.

probably a really tough situation to be in that none of us hope we ever have to face...

I wonder if universal health care coverage (transport/care return back) would ever extend overseas?

CB

Cav,

Without going into personal details, but what exactly are you saying here?

Normally hospitals (private) are not in the credit business - they have not opened a GMAC yet for hospital visits (even though the cost is sometimes the same).

So what exactly is the issue?

Archived