Sumkumvit Area Cheap Clean No Hassles

gawguy

I haven't been to BKK for a long time, but thinking about spending about a week now. Somewhere close to Nana Plaza, or between there and Soi Cowboy, on or very near Sukumvit Rd. No charges for visitor. Clean rooms (including decent carpet), aircon works, etc. Hotel Nana probably too noisy with the disco downstairs.

Where do you recommend and how much would I pay?

Thanks,

GG

So...since the disco is closed, maybe it's a possibility? Maybe it's the best, I don't know. Is is clean? I saw a comment that the sheets are reused. How noisy? I would like to sleep after 3AM. How much baht/night?

I like the location.

I do want something near Suk. I've stayed way up the sois and was inconvenient.

I also want no "joiner fee."

Thanks,

GG

If you've never stayed at the Nana, then you have to, everyone should do it at least once :)

If you email the tour desk and ask for a room reservation, you can often save a bit on the quoted rate on the main website.

Email: nanatour@nanahotel.co.th

Email: contact@nana-tour.com

Main site http://www.nanahotel.co.th/

JMHO

Coss

Ruamchitt Travelodge. :hmmm:

It would seem most of the time you would be the only guest.

Err, well that would be a plus point in my book but I ain't ever seen it *that* quiet ;)

If you want soi 10, Cozy at 10 may be better

Cozy at 10 is not a bad shout. I've walked past the place dozens of times without realising what it was :surprised:

It's more costly than the Ruamchitt, so it depends on how cheap you want to go.

it is certainly closer to Sukhumvit

Ah c'mon. The Ruamchitt is opposite the bottom of Chuvit Garden...only a stones throw from the main drag.

I have always loved the Nana, disco or no disco. If you ask for a room on a high floor, you won't get much street noise. The staff are always impeccable, housekeeping will take good care of you, especially if you smile, or even bring some fruit. If they do a good job, consider a small tip, and they will always remember you, and treat you accordingly.

Downside these days is the rate: 1480 baht is a bit steep for what you get in a standard room. The rooms are a bit careworn, but, again, if they know you, they will always give you a better room if you are not pleased at check-in, and ask politely. It's not the JW Marriott or the Landmark, but it's reasonably clean and comfortable. 1480 might get you a better room, but not in as convenient a location.

Honestly, I always stay there for a few days, before heading out to my subsequent destinations. It's just like a second home to me, an institution in Bangkok.

Hmmm..

hs

Archived