OBAMA BOWS BEFORE JAPAN'S EMPEROR

Flashermac

The image of George III as a tyrant was necessary to justify the Declaration of Independence. The revolting colonials (snicker) had already refused to acknowledge Parliamentary supremacy, but for over a year they still claimed loyalty to the monarch. Geo III had to be blamed for everything so that independence could proceed.

Also, no one really is sure how much popular support the revolution had. (The claim of 1/3 for. 1/3 against and 1/3 neutral was mistakenly quoted from the FRENCH revolution.) I do know I had several loyalist ancestors, one of whom was expelled from North Carolina (but finally allowed back in). Another in Virginia was given the choice of taking the oath of allegiance to the Continental Congress or going to jail. He took it. East Florida and West Florida almost never seem to get mention in histories of the Rev War, probably because they were new colonies and stayed loyal. As a result, they got given to Spain at the war's end. That showed them! ;)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get the idea you're trying to :stirthepo a bit. 5555555555

Looks you do that all on your own :beer:

Actually, Obie and his commie legislators

Surprised to see so much hate for your own elected leaders

They need bond holders for their endless social programs that also suck taxes from those things that benefit the country more appropriately.

Its the huge greed for consumption that created the trade inbalance, Walmart being a prime example for this.

Free Trade and the treaties signed have done more harm to the U.S. than imaginable. We were doing fine up until opening trade on uneven terms.

Each country does protect itself, look at US and steel, all imports are heavely taxed to protect a very outdated old inneficient US steel industry.

The saddest part is that you believe it all yourself !

As for social security, shame on you !

Did read an article in a Belgian newspaper yesterday stating that upto 15 % of the US population lived with hunger in 2008. Could not find anything in English though.

BB

I've been surprised not see Borat Obama at a memorial in Nagasaki or Hiroshima...and apologizing for the U.S.'s "insensitivity".

HH

Study your AMERICAN history my boy. Nixon already did that deed and he BOWED to the Emperor of Japan too, oh and Chairman Mao too.

Also our boy Shrub BOWED to his and Daddy Bush Sr's best buddy the king of Saudi Arabia.

You boys need to grow up. Politicians only care about being in and having power they can give two shits about how they attain it.

look at US and steel, all imports are heavely taxed to protect a very outdated old inneficient US steel industry.

I estimate tht there are at least 200 different catagories of steel covered by harmonized tariff system. Most of those are free of import taxes. Other tariff rates applied to steel imports range from about 10% to a few as high as 37%.

Steel is not just a commercial product. It is a product produced here that also has important national security implications...not just the security interests of the U.S., but the EU also. Just imagine the shape the U.S. and it's allies would have in the 40's had we relied on Germany and Japan for our steel. Agreed that all countries attempt to protect their important home industries. So what is the big deal if the U.S. does the same? Oh, yeah. It's because it's the U.S. :banghead:

HH

GYB was a prat, but he was a funny prat and people laughed at him in humour, his jokes, gaffs and folksy style.

Just shows you how gullible and mislead u truly are. GWB was far from a stupid man or a fool. That folksy cowbowy good ol boy character was designed. Go watch footage of his time as governor and Texas, particularly his debates against Ann Richards. He showed his Yale and professional biz man persona and cleaned her fuckin clock. Dude knows exactly what roles to play as a politician to get where he needs to go.

Being American and raised that the Prez doesn't do such things I don't like it but I'm not pissed off about it.

The country is in too much of a mess for a bow to mean much to me. As long he's making the right moves to get the country out of the mess, he could rim the emperor.

I thought it was petty to make fun of GWB's verbal gaffes as well. So much was made of it. Too much in my opinion and said as much, even though I wasn't Bush's biggest fan.

Obama and the Dems are spending their way out of the mess. Its what Dems do. Like it or hate it, its expected. We voted for that strategy by fiat by electing Dems.

Not saying I like it or hate but just stating the facts. My personal opinion is NOTHING will save the U.S. and we're dead man walking economically. We have neither the leadership (congress) nor the collective will as a nation (to change our lifestyle) to alter that. I'm planning to learn mandarin...no joke.

Getting back to the original topic. I've read that the Chinese have muted his effectiveness by not allowing him to make his patented great speeches.

Archived