Taking Medicine Home

unit731

Returning to the USA' date=' I was questioned over some Imodium tablets I had in my luggage. :dunno: [/quote']

Immodium is one of the specific items looked for to identify drug mules (it prevents them from losing their load prematurely).

... but why would the mules not take Immodium until AFTER passing through USA Customs? :snowgrin:

... but why would the mules not take Immodium until AFTER passing through USA Customs? :snowgrin:

Hmmmm. Good point. I must confess I don't know. Who knows what kind of random stuff will cause you to get held up in int'l travel, I just avoid hassles.

I saw my doc before last trip to LOS in November, she gave me prescription for Cipro and a vaccination, told her I would also get some immodium (it works), especially after my chronic runs on June trip. She told me to hold off til' I got there. I raised my eyebrows and asks... pourquoi??? So she tells me it's a flag for screeners (and gave me the reason why). Ahhhhh. Interesting. And I filed it away.

My mother needs certain meds. Once you are in your 80's, the potion doesn't fix everything.

Also, some people can't use these medical devices, like if you have a pace maker, etc. Best to do what you can to stay healthy (proper food, exercise, etc) and avoid the meds for as long as you can, IMO!

I am on the potion and I "wonder" about myself at times :dunno:

Archived