Jeddah-BKK

jack_schist

I flew out of Jeddah a couple of times back in the 90s when I was working in SA. I would recommend flying through Dubai, UAE. Thai and Emirates both have non-stop service to BKK and you can get a beer in the airport (you can’t at Doha) and they have good shopping.

S1

No beers at Doha?

I used to do a stop over there with a FF silver card, access to the business lounge, food and drinks free, fly business and they bring you to their dedicated business/first class terminal.

I now fly Etihad, with gold card (silver also access to business lounge) huge cold/warm buffet and excellent bar with free booze.

Etihad flys 2xday to Bangkok on 777/300, business class the best I flew, seat pitch 224cm, 180d flat bed, individual private cublicle.

When I flew through Doha on Qatar air I was flying Economy so I stayed out in the DRY lounge area :down:

Anyone can go to the lounge at Doha Airport, if you are not a FF Silver or above card holderjust pay QAR140 and get all the booze and food you wish and it even has smoking area in the lounge.

That being said it wont be an issue on the JED-DOH-BKK flight since its only a 45 minute stopover in Doha.

I take the 20:45 flight DOH-BKK every couple of months, I like the onlune check in and reserve seat 36 hours before flight is due to depart.

I have only visited there I worked in Dhahran and Riyadh when I was in SA. Jeddah is probably the most beautiful city in SA; it is where a lot the rich Saudis live. Lots of nice restaurants and shopping but you still have to be careful being with a woman in public you can get arrested for that if you are not married to her.

The best thing about Jeddah is the scuba diving the Red Sea is incredible!!!

Once you get into the expat subculture you will probably find the local drink call Sadiqi or Sid which is Arabic for friend but it’s really moonshine!

S1

Archived