Leaving Thailand

New Petchburi Pete

Peter; sorry to read of your current health problems but I am confident you will face and conquer this adversity as you have faced and conquered adversities in the past.

How well I remember you, Fon and I in a restaurant parking lot north of Boston in November, several years ago. Fon was sad that she was leaving Boston without having seen snow when suddenly, huge snowflakes started falling around us. The snow added up quickly and soon we were having a three way snowball fight, her first ever and she dished it out pretty good, as I recall; a fond memory.

Fon is a great lady, please say hello to her for me.

Will you be stopping in Boston and a pizza at "Li'l Peppina's" or "Santarpios" before heading south?

Where ever it is you decide to live and whatever it is you decide to do, I wish you well and hope you will update us here from time to time.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When we get to the States, we will put a hefty chain around the fridge!

Depending on the genetic material of Pete junior that might be a good idea anyway , I have been invited twice to inspect lovely Nok's new fridge and suffered from a nervous breakdown later the same afternoon because NOBODY did ever care to close the f''''''''' door of the f######## fridge .

Hi Dave,

So nice to hear from you and thanks for the kind words.

I do remember when we were in the Boston area at the same time and it snowed - but, what's even more amazing is that it was in October; and, as you know it rarely snows in Boston in October. That was a great day. I believe we were having lunch at the 99 on Route 1 in Saugus?

A visit (probably more than one!) to L'il Peppina's (Rt. 99) is definitely on the list of absolute must things to do. I'm afraid to show my son that place ... he night never want to leave!

Ever had one of Pepe's 'custom' meals? - awesome!

I believe you once told me that Thai pocketbooks would be a sure hit in the US, tried them but didn't have great success?

Well, Fon bought a few and is convinced she's going to get rich selling them!

Pete,

Though we never met, I've read many of your posts as Pete and Lowjit and am saddened to hear of your health issues.

Your positive outlook is the first step on your road to recovery and I hope that I have the pleasure of meeting you one day when you RETURN to LOS.

Many ask me 'will you return to LOS, especially if treatment is successful?'

While I would like to say 'yes,' my feelings are a bit mixed.

Should I not make it, and that day will come for us all, I'd like the option of coming back to Thailand as a ghost. There are some really neat spirit houses I wouldn't mind taking up residence in, especially if Red Fanta is on the list of daily offerings!

Acceptance of what you have no control is critical.

Never allow anything that doesn't go as expected to ruin your day. Look for that silver lining in the clouds. Believe me, it is there if you learn to recognize it.

Thank you for this reminder, we do need it.

I am trying hard, believe me, but not often successful.

I am a heart patient also and know what it means to run out of power very fast. We are repainting our home right now and I only can work a few hours/day, so my wife does the bulk.

We have lots of cracks in the walls (bad Thai workmanship, no surprise here unfortunately) and I bought crack covering paint. It's fairly successful, good although not perfect results.

Thus the wife decided to buy and apply acrylic filler (putty they call it here) on 2 unfinished walls. I painted them this morning and it looks bad. The paint only would have done a better job at less expense of energy. I had a hard time to shut-up after my paint job.

Just reading your advice over and over, I told her mai pen rai and better get over it.

In fact I moved to Thailand because of my poor health, feel a lot better and enjoying life every day, Carpe Diem.

Sorry we never met.

I wish you all the best and hope you will return here some day.

Archived