Leaving Thailand

New Petchburi Pete

Please add my well wishes along with the others. Exchanged a couple posts with you (you as Lowjit) in Health if I recall.

I normally hit Tampa once a year on business - my 1st trip there they had one of those Thai Festivals going on. Plenty to do and see in the area if you settle there.

Best of luck and hope you stay in touch via the board.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in the old days we had a very active member from the Tampa area. I believe his 'board' name was "Brink."

I think he retired from coming to LOS as I believe he found being a diving instructor too lucrative.

I didn't think one really had to be taught (muff) diving; but, how knows what's going on in the States. Maybe some need to be shown how?

• 2 weeks later...

Pete,Lowjit,

I remember you from back in da day, online only.

Reading your story sounds uncannily similiae to mine. Also from US came 10 years ago,married quickly and hae a 7 year old daughter. I too returned to US 2 years ago. for somewhat same circumstances ,health care but not as drastic a condition as yours. Came back home to South. Don't think Thai woman can cope with New England winter. I believe you are doing the right thing treatment for your condition will keep you alive,

There are some great deals on properties ,foreclosures and a lot in FLA, My wife has a good job here and my daughter is in gifted class in school.speaks perfect English now. There are a lot of Thai's in Fla and most important Thai food stores!

Best of luck to you and your family and remember ,you can always come back,

LL

• 4 weeks later...

"Don't think Thai woman can cope with New England winter."

We are staying in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire.

It's cold and snowy. Already had a decent snow storm just before Christmas and my wife and son are loving it! They actually admit that they'd rather be in the snow and cold vs. the heat and humidity all the time in LOS. Our son loves building snowmen and he's been sledding and 4 wheeling (ATV).

We are getting more snow over this weekend. It's very scenic. My first visit to Boston will be Monday ... three doctors appointments in the same day - weather permitting.

I am doing OK. I'd be less than truthful if I said I didn't have any LOS withdrawal symptoms; but, overall, things are going well for all of us.

We are in a very quiet, peaceful setting across from the big lake in NH. The area is very nice.

My wife does miss family and her Thai food; but, hey, she can cook farang food very well indeed.

Little Hercules is adjusting well to a fine school system.

I would like to wish all a very 'Happy New Year.'

Peace, love, happiness, good health and fortune and contentment for all.

As KS would say "Sanuk!"

First off I wish you the best with your health.

They will love their first winter then next year you will hear how they do not need any more snow.555

Well that's what my wife said. She has been in the states 3 years now.

First year she loved it then after that she says we need to go to LOS for the winters. Told cold and to much snow.

Plus we have to work in the weather alot with our work and seeing her bundle up in the cold weather gear is kinda funny.

Good luck to you and your family

Sorry to read about your health issues. I hope you can get whatever care and medical treatment you need back in the USA.

I remember you from the NP board, most likely did not meet (could have though) but I certainly out your name out there as one of the NP stalwarts.

If anything can be learned from your misfortune, it is the need to have medical insurance in Thailand. A warning to many I think.

My very best to you and your family.

Pete, glad to read things are going so well for you and the family. You must be somewhere around Alton Bay, Nah? Is HARTS TURKEY FARM restaurant still in operation? Ooooo....the turkey pies; yum.

Do you plan to use the area as a base while you determine where you will finally settle?

Put your son on ski's. Someday, he'll be Thailand's only downhill racer, a one man Winter Olympics team.

Soon, Fon will be saying "ah-yup"

my wife and son are loving it! They actually admit that they'd rather be in the snow and cold vs. the heat and humidity all the time in LOS. Our son loves building snowmen and he's been sledding and 4 wheeling (ATV).

I will echo Shygye. I grew up in the mid-west part of Wisconsin. I couldn't wait to leave there when I finally could. Let's talk to the wife and son in 20 years or so and see if they still love it.

Glad to hear you personally are doing ok. Hope things continue like that all the way around. Take care and keep warm!

Archived