Tigger gets banged up

no rite way

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tiger Woods: Injuries Caused by Wife, Not SUV

Tiger Woods did not suffer facial lacerations from a car accident. They were inflicted by his wife, Elin Nordegren -- according to a conversation Woods had Friday after the accident.

Tiger has yet to be formally interviewed by the Florida Highway Patrol -- that should happen this afternoon. But we're told Tiger had a conversation Friday -- with a non-law enforcement type -- detailing what went down before his Escalade hit a fire hydrant.

We're told he said his wife had confronted him about reports that he was seeing another woman. The argument got heated and, according to our source, she scratched his face up. We're told it was then Woods beat a hasty retreat for his SUV -- but according to our source, Woods says his wife followed behind with a golf club. As Tiger drove away, she struck the vehicle several times with the club.

We're told Woods became "distracted," thought the vehicle was stopped, and looked to see what had happened. At that point the SUV hit the fire hydrant and then hit a tree.

We're also told Woods had said during the conversation Friday he had been taking prescription pain medication for an injury, which could explain why he seemed somewhat out of it at the scene.

Rink

Tiger Woods: 'Personal failings' let family down

Buzz up!64 votes Send

Email IM Share

Delicious Digg Facebook Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Twitter Yahoo! Bookmarks Print AP – FILE - In this June 11, 2009, file photo, Tiger Woods and his wife, Elin Nordegren watch the fourth quarter …

Slideshow:Tiger Woods Play Video Video:Tiger Not Yet Out of the Woods ABC News Play Video Video:Calif. woman claims lengthy affair with Woods AP By DOUG FERGUSON, AP Golf Writer Doug Ferguson, Ap Golf Writer – 45 mins ago

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – With a public apology and another appeal for privacy, Tiger Woods acknowledged Wednesday that he let his family down with unspecified "transgressions" that he regrets with "all of my heart." "I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves," Woods said on his Web site following a magazine report of an alleged affair.

Link

Tiger Woods Web Site

Archived