Tigger gets banged up

no rite way

When it rains, it pours. This may be grasping and it seems to not have been reported for a long time but I've suspected this and think even wrote it somewhere (I'll search) but if this turns out to be something, this poor bastard may end up as a Pattaya jumper.

Report: Doctor being investigated in PED probe

NEW YORK (AP)â€â€A Canadian doctor who has treated golfer Eldrick Woods, swimmer Dara Torres and NFL players is suspected of providing athletes with performance-enhancing drugs, according to a newspaper report.

The New York Times reported on its Web site Monday night that Dr. Anthony Galea was found with human growth hormone and Actovegin, a drug extracted from calf’s blood, in his bag at the U.S.-Canada border in late September. He was arrested Oct. 15 in Toronto by Canadian police.

Full Story

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Instead of starting another thread, I'll add to this. Is Tiger done? Can he come back? I really hope he can. Golf isn't the same without his dominance.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/The-freefall-continues-Tiger-Woods-drops-out-of?urn=golf-wp4024

Tiger Woods has dropped out of the world top 20, a moment which we've all anticipated in the last few months

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, gonna stick all Tiger related stuff here. Federer dumps Tiger. My guess is its his wife's idea.

http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/blog/busted_racquet/post/Roger-Federer-dumped-Tiger-Woods-after-his-divor?urn=ten-wp2430

They showed up at each other's tournaments, texted congratulatory messages and had a good-natured rivalry about who would win the most majors. What had first been a glorified photo op for two of IMG and Nike's biggest stars had blossomed into a friendship. Now, Roger Federer and Tiger Woods are no longer pals.

As Jon Wertheim details in this week's Sports Illustrated, Federer has distanced himself from Woods after Tiger's infamous Thanksgiving night incident in 2009. Though both men have been careful not to play up any rift, there has been a noticeable chill. Wertheim notes that Federer and his wife have socialized with Tiger's ex-wife, Elin Nordegren, and compares the freeze-out to what Barack Obama did to Jeremiah Wright during the 2008 presidential campaign.

The relationship felt forced from the outset. Whether that was because it was a friendship for the media's benefit or simply because Federer and Tiger have robotic public personas and are tough to get a read on is anyone's guess. I'd guess it was the former. The bond of being the best in their respective sports and wearing a swoosh on their shirts gave the two some common ground. Other than that, what did they really have in common?

Tiger was a womanizer. Federer seems to be a dedicated family man. One lived in Florida, the other in Switzerland. Maybe they were friends by the loose, superficial Hollywood definition of friendship, but I doubt Tiger was popping over to Roger's house on Sunday night to throw back some beers and watch "Entourage."

• 4 months later...

Is Tiger back? I hope so.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ma-arkush_tiger_woods_finally_wins_120411

One boisterous fan spoke for all the others gathered for the victory ceremony behind the 18th green at Sherwood Country Club late Sunday afternoon, order finally restored in the game they adore:

“He’s baaaack.â€

Tiger Woods was happy to be back in the winner's circle after going more than two years without a victory.

(Getty Images)

The evidence, after all, was indisputable. Tiger Woods, down by a shot with two holes to go, did what the old Tiger Woods used to do year after year – before his world, and the world of golf, changed forever on that unforgettable Thanksgiving weekend in 2009.

Archived