Tigger gets banged up

no rite way

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I agree the sport probably needs the prick, I disagree they made more money with him around. They made less money cuz he won it all. The tourneys didn't lower their purses because he wasn't around for a year or so. So the money was still there, it's just everybody else was winning it, not him.

• 2 months later...

I've got to wonder if Tiger will ever make it. What a shame. Endoresement money poured into the sport. I read an article that even though he was winning the prize money isn't what the golfers make their money on, its endorsements and everyone's endorsement money went up because of Tiger. Nickelson became a household name BECAUSE of Tiger. Phil's endorsement money shot up while he was losing to Tiger in the big tournaments.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/tiger-woods-melts-down-spectacular-fashion-pebble-beach-001223966.html

Tiger Woods melts down in spectacular fashion at Pebble Beach

• 1 month later...

Is Tiger done? Will he ever come back? He's at 14 major titles, and he needs to get to 18. He's certainly young enough but there seems very little indication he can come back.

It would be a shame and a massive disappointed if he failed to get another major. One would think he'd bounce back by now. He's becoming (not as bad but in context) as bad as Tyson. So much promise, on top of the world and fallen never to rise.

• 1 month later...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tour-report-live-updates-news-163608450--golf.html

Seems Tiger got a win. I really do hope he's back. I want him to get past the 18 majors. I didn't think the divorce adn all that was going to affect him as bad as it has. He seems on his way to becoming the Mike Tyson of Golf. So much promise to be the greatest and then can't back to the top.

Tiger is made of sterner stuff and a better background so I assumed he'd still do well.

We'll have to wait and see. Do any of you think he'll be back...eventually?

Archived