Piggy's Pattaya Ponderings - Part II

MooNoi

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Piggy

It’s obvious the vast majority of the board members greatly enjoy your trip reports so please don’t be put off by one person’s judgmental retort!!!

LSL pokes his head out from the shadows after not posting for 6 months and writes a half page judgmental rant???? To Hell with him!! :wanker::clown::wanker:

Hi,

Was told there were some 'issues' here, so figured I'd butt in as well.

I'll be honest and admit that I've not read a single of MN's trip reports (never read any trip reports from anyone, just not my thing), so can't judge them. I did however read LSL's comments and while they certainly weren't that tactful, I do not think they were intended as an insult. 'Harsh advice' maybe?

The fact that he "poke[d] his head out from the shadows after not posting for 6 months" is utterly irrelevant.

On the other hand MN's trip reports seem to be well received, so I would hate to see them stop appearing on this board.

Maybe a middle ground can be found? MN could take a step back and think about what was posted (again, I've not read any of the trip reports, so do not know how accurate the comments were). Then either take the advice to heart and make some changes or ignore it completely, yet keep writing the trip reports.

Keep in mind that everyone is entitled to an opinion, as long as it is kept civil. Different opinions on personal matters are due to their nature always a bit more 'tricky' I guess.

Sanuk!

Moo Noi,

I'm sorry you responded to his post by not posting any further. I think in fact that both your series of TR's (very entertaining) and his response brought something valuable that this board has been lacking, e.g. a debate and analysis of things going on under the surface in Farang-BG relations.

There is no right and wrong POV, ther are no absolutes. What you did was give us an opportunity to start that debate, and hopefully continue it.

LOS nightlife is for most of us just fun, for some more serious. As a previous poster remarked, LSL's view may have been triggered by his own experiences, and if so, I hope he will share some of those with us.

I know you care about the feelings of the girls, so do I, and so does LSL.

I think we can achieve more by continuing this debate then by stopping it. I am sorry if anything I wrote either hurt your feelings or contributed to your decision to stop.

On another thread your series of TR has just been hailed as examplary of what this board needs. I think that says more then one or two comments on this thread.

Don't stop, we need you.

Further to that:

I think both TR and Relationship sections are the most useful in terms of getting more understanding of what's going on with us and Thai woman.

I sometimes treat it all as a big joke, but in reality it does matter a lot to me.

The only way we can help ourselves and others improve this understanding if if members put themselves on the line by honestly writing about what happened to them, and what they felt about that. Sometimes that evokes reactions, I think we should be able to cope with that, as long as those reactions are honest and respectful.

I think that can be a strength of this board, and I'd like to encourage that.

I've got no problems with people writing their opinions, as well. But when one poster chimes in and pushes another poster to stop posting even after numerous previous reports and encouragment from just about every response, I think that is wrong. Hopefully MN will see that his reports are valuable to the board and great reading for new visitors for do's and dont's.

Hi,

"But when one poster chimes in and pushes another poster to stop posting even after numerous previous reports and encouragment from just about every response, I think that is wrong."

But who would be 'wrong' in that case, the person writing the comments or the person deciding to stop posting? (Not saying either is wrong.)

I can see either person's POV, but hope that we can see that a difference in opinion can be good for everyone.

Sanuk!

Archived