Budget for One Month!

Savittre

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My 4k would be spent moving about thailand and meeting interesting people....unlike sullying 10k into the mouths of whores and bar owners. Sure there would be some stops in bkk, pattaya, etc but just because you pay more doesn't mean it's more fun.

To each thier own but that sounds a little too backpackerish for me!!! I think I will continue to sully my 10k into the mouths of whores and bar owners. :neener:

S1

The key to a holiday like that will be to find hotel rooms that don't seem like prisons. Even the rooms I've had at the Nana have been refuges from the madness on the street outside, the heat and even the hangovers. As others have pointed, the bars are where the money really frees itself from your wallet. Take a few good books and enjoy the quiet times between the madness. :)

There is a huge range of estimates, and all are valid. Some guys can spend 10k+ baht ($300+) in a bar in a night, others can make it last 10 days while still going with a girl every single day.

At the lower end, 90k baht (~$3000) can be mighty fun:

* 20k for the hotel or serviced apt. Negotiate monthly, 14-30k for decent places.

* 40k for a girl every day, mostly ST (1k can get you 2h with a freelancer easily if you *ask*). 20k in Pattaya.

* 30k for other expenses (transport, decent Thai food, moderate drinking).

Double this, and you won't be lacking for anything... unless you insist on a 5* hotel, paying drinks for the whole bar every night and overpaying for everything.

yes but you guys just don't get it like I do.

My 4k would be spent moving about thailand and meeting interesting people....

No, you don't get it... yet. I've been down that road and I've lived in places and done whatever on less than $1k/month.

But I will bet (and escrow) that after you have a little seasoning under your belt, and you no longer feel the need to impress yourself, you'll grow to appreciate the joys of just paying off the whores and bar owners for a good fucking time.

Archived