Pattaya-Trat

Lusty

PATTAYA TO TRAT BUS

Bus from Bangkok will pick-up in Pattaya at 6am and 11am at any bus stand in the south bound lane on the Sukhumvit Hwy.

http://www.vngold.com/kohkong/overland.html

THERE ARE 3 PIERS SERVICING KOH CHANG.

THERE ARE 3 PIERS SERVICING KOH CHANG. All of them are located in the Amphur (district) of Laem Ngob.To go to these piers take one of the Songthaews in Trat. They can be easily found around the municipal market from as early as 6.00 am. The fare is about 30 Baht per person. Vehicle-carrying ferries and taxi or chartered boats are ready to take you to Koh Chang.

http://www.ekohchang.com/Getting-to-KohChang.html

I'd suggest you to take a minibus ride that includes ferry and transportation to your hotel in Koh Chang. Shouldn't be more than 800 baht/person. I've taken a bus from Trat to Pattaya once and I will not do that ever again. The journey took about 6-7 hours, we stopped in every possible village and the bus was so cramped people couldn't even move.

Also getting ride from the pier on Koh Chang to your hotel can be pain in the arse if you arrive late, they can ask whatever they want or let you wait for the next ferry to get more passengers.

If you get a morning minibus from Pattaya that leaves 6:30, you should be in your hotel on Koh Chang at around 12:00.

Lusty..

The link which Julian2 provided is dated, though partially correct.

While the _direct_ bus to Trat _use to be_ at approx 6 and 11am, you must be careful that it's the correct bus. The bus has a blue horizontal stripe and make a few stops for Thai who wave the bus down; the slow bus has an orange stripe and makes many stops, as well a lengthy later one at a formal bus station.

It's best that you use the bus stop, on the east side of Sukhumvit, just across the street from where Pattaya Klang (Central RD) ends. The stop is right by the driveway that enters the Fairview golf driving range. Don't expect a building with seats, it's just an outdoor stopping point.

It's best that you go to the above stop _beforehand_ and verify the schedule. There will be small sign posted giving the hours.

The bus will also make stops at North and South Pattaya Rds, as well as Thepprasit, but unlike the stop at Pattaya Klang, you must wave at the bus for it to stop. This is fine, if you know which is the proper bus!

And, just to be sure ask the 'Thai bus loader' if his bus is the one to Trat.

The journey, as previously posted, varies between 4-5 hours. There is a 20-min stop and pee break at a large food stand near Chantaburi.

I've never been to Koh Chang, but you will likely find that there is transport to the docks located at the Trat bus station.

Last time I did it by bus, I had to take the orange local bus from Sukhumvit to Chantabury and then change there for a bus to Trad; almost seven hours.

Many vans going from Pattaya to Hat Lek/Koh Kong border crossing via Trat; you would be best to book with them.

Archived