What is the strangest relationship you have come across?

Bangkoktraveler

Last summer in Belgium we were invited to a Thai party.

Met a couple there, he is Belgian, he is a butcher by profession, barely a few words in English, met his Thai wife in Pattaya and she also spoke barely English. I assume they shared max 200 words which they both understand.... married for a year now !!!

Both nice people though, none of them studied or had a chance to study.

Both are back in school, she learns Flemish and he does a Thai course on saturdays.

Love keeps them together !

I hope they make it.

BB

1G0sOA6hTg0

The illustrious Captain and Tenille aside (mom used to have that song on play non-stop) - I hope they make it too. I guess. (For whatever reason, always feel a sense of loss at marriages. And I don't mean for me. I guess some people are happier. So... hey).

Dam she has a big mouth - I know what would keep me with her! I like how the two backup singers are swaying to different rythems - good to see she did back up vocals on the Wall Pink Floyd!

She's 68 now

I assume "Kaptian" is the nerd in a sailors hat - how gay is that!

Strangest relationship??

That would surely be my ex-landlord.

Nice guy, about 35y/o, good job with PTT, speaks fluent English and has traveled to Western countries and experienced the cultures.

However, he's gay (but not 'flaming') and definitely different from most gays. When young he had a long-term relationship with an old farang gay. He inherited his house when the guy died (nice house too!). For years now he has lived with a 75y/o Aussie...who was married and has two kids. He's is known to prowl the gay scene and seeks very old men....preferring the older the better!

Back in the good old days of 2000. I was one of the two-week hero's with money to burn and it was in Patong Beach I happened across the strangest of relationships...

The girl I was with was a real scarlet o'hara of a bar babe. Half-thai, half-indian and (so she told me) had about 2 years to live due to heart problems. Hence she lived on the edge, drink, carousing, probably yaa baa too although I never saw her do any.

She'd recently just violently scarred another bar girl for causing her to lose face in front of a customer. Only just telling me this as we left the club I encountered here in to make her way with me back to my hotel room.

A part of me thought it would be wise to groove on outa there, fearing her violent ways would make her too hot to handle. But I reckoned things would move well and a bout of hot lovin' would get things in the right groove.

I was right. This chick was a firefly alright

It was a fly-by night vibe and the ships we were on where going in different directions, but it was good while it grooved if you know what I mean.

Anyway, this is just the back-story. The strangest part of the relationship didn't concern her and me so much.

The next day I was introduced to her mum.

The mamasan of a bar nearby. The resemblence was there.

Anyway this Mamasans daughter of a bar I was dallying with mischivously pointed out to a farang guy working behind the bar.

He was a young mediterranean-looking dude and about my age (20s).

She went on to tell me that he was the saa mia (minor husband) of her mum!

Intrigued I asked her how that came about.

The young adonis wanted to stay in Thailand, so she got him a work permit and paid him a salary for barwork, but the catch was he had to dance to her tune once back at the house!

Making things even spicier this older, grey fox of a Norwegian popped into the bar to have a word with ole' mamansan. That was her Major husband! :D He knew the whole scene

But 'cause his 'gonk' wasn't in working order so ole' mamasan needed some young blood to warm the bed! :)

Norwegian silver fox had to dance to her tune as everything was in her name.

Such are the happenings and intrigues of Thai ways...

The truth is stranger than fiction.

Archived