What's all this about "The Arab"?

Wallenda

The Iranians are ethnic Persians; so they are no Arabs. They are all Muslims, but the Persians are made of another stuff than the Arabs.

Persia belonged once to the large Reich (Empire, Kingdom) of Alexander the Great.

So they came under the influence of the culture and philosophy of the Old Greeks.

These influences have been affecting until now.

We have about 3 millions of Muslims in Germany. The greatest group are the Turks, followed by people from the Arabian countries. And we have a numerically great number of Persians.

Many, yes many of the Turks and the Arabs are not integrated in our society.

- They cannot speak German fluently, only broken, many of them not one word!

- Many of them are unemployed

- Many – too many – of their children are underachiever at school

- Many of them don’t have any completed professional training

- Fore example: In Berlin more then 40% of the Turks and their families live by public assistance, welfare.

- We have more and more problems with that group of immigrants

[color:red]Turks and Arabs are the underdogs of our society, like in many other countries of Europe.

[/color]

[color:blue]By contrast the Persians:[/color]

The most Persians are integrated in our society very well. They can speak German, their children are very successful in the German school system; they have university degrees; have professional jobs like doctor or lawyer etc.

Greetings from icy and snowy Hamburg

- 4 degrees and snow

Charly

Hamburg Bangkok Duesseldorf

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I generally like Persians.

Me to' date=' particularly their rugs. :up: [/quote']

Since I don't now many Persians I can't say that, but my Persian summer flirt was a real beauty and Persian women can be really hot. :content:

BTW, one of the most beautiful woman I ever met was a Pashtun from Afghanistan. She lived in my house when I a was student.

He was a Saudi Shiek (in other words, a real "Arab") with an Italian wife, not Iranian or related to the Shah.

Link

This post shows how the subject of the OP became known as the "arab" even if he was from Iran.

TH

LOL. I stand corrected. I'm not sure if my memory is poor or if I was going on misinformation, but I suspect it was the former. :(

In any case, I certainly wouldn't have known much about the difference between Arabs and Persians at the time.

ok as for Arabs...let me say I like the food, and many of the people are o.k. Some smell bad, but that can happen.

As for the ass hat in BKK, put yourself in this position...you pay to rent a bar, you do ok, but you feel squeezed at every turn. Now here comes some guy, NOT a LOCAL he starts buying/renting bars around you, and he is offering more than the asking price. Pretty soon, you realize you will have to pay more to keep your bar/business going. This will mean jacking up your prices, and maybe driving away your customers.

Now assume the asshole who started all this shit really has no interest in being in the bar business, but is more interested in "taking over" or just laundering money/covering for other people...in the short and long term, it hurts your business and pisses off your customers...tell me are you happy about such a guy coming around?

He was a Saudi Shiek (in other words, a real "Arab") with an Italian wife, not Iranian or related to the Shah.

Link

'78. Wow. I got a sense that very little has changed in that specific area (the strip of Sunset Blvd that runs through Beverly Hills). I loved the final quote of the article, when they were defending against people bitching about their decorations: "If the flowers are plastic, so are many of the neighbors..."

Oh yeah, you can bet your ass on that.

This post shows how the subject of the OP became known as the "arab" even if he was from Iran.

TH

Were you going to post another link there? Didn't come through. I'm curious to learn more.

Archived