What's all this about "The Arab"?

Wallenda

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hear a great deal more about the French "owner" of Bacarra, but that is only because two of the BGs at Bacarra meet with me, separately, fairly regularly for wine and snacks outside the bar.

I thought I read somewhere there had been ownership changes at Baccara. One of the French fellows I remember was named Serge (perhaps he was only a manager?). He was usually on the premises and decent enough to join your table and buy some rounds, on occasion. He would let my regular come and go as she pleased, without penalties, but I think that was the deal he cut with her to steal her back from Suzie Wong.

Stick knows...front and center, Stick?

About 18 months ago I asked the Arab for an interview and he said yes! The place was set, Emporium. The time was set, 4:30 PM on a Friday. I had the questions prepared and I had just walked out of the condo when I get that familiar beep beep on the mobile from the Arab. The interview was still on BUT I could not print it in the column.

WTF! The interview is ok, but I cannot publish. I almost thought about going through with it and publishing it anyway, but that;s not my style and The Arab is not someone I would like to really piss off.

I do email him from time to time but he has become less and less keen to say anything. These days it is pretty much a "no comment" response from him...

Since Cowboy was the last of the three gogo areas still worth visiting, I can see the writing on the wall. McDonald style Gogo I can do without. He may preside over the final demise of SC.

Pleased I moved direction Pattaya, where the action is much hotter and sleazier then the height of SC I can remember.

And it is still cheaper!

Archived