Street of Shame

unit731

Simie, I still cant bring myself to consider a trip to PI, even though I'm finally on the threshold of setting off for Cambo. Even if the stories of lawlessness are exaggerated, trip reports like SD's from a few months back run the same line - other than beer and cheap sex there is nothing to see.

I may live to rue this post if PP is as boring as Jack Schist would have me believe, but at least there will be some French Colonial architecture and a few temples.

Gobble, certainly as far as Angeles City in PI goes yes its basicly just beer and tarts and not a lot else. And yes I found PP a bit boring when I was there (was'nt there for the sex by the way).

Simie.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EP makes an excellent point.

What is happening and we see in the lower part of Sukhumvit goes well beyond the p4p scene you saw in that area, say, before the new social order. It is getting more aggressive, more dangerous and more visible.

It's great fodder for negative press, but we shouldn't blame the messengers or claim this reflects a battle between real estate developers - an imaginative and humorous, but entirely fictitious, take on the story and posts here.

Instead, Thailand should thank the new social order for all of this.

Simie, I still cant bring myself to consider a trip to PI, even though I'm finally on the threshold of setting off for Cambo. Even if the stories of lawlessness are exaggerated, trip reports like SD's from a few months back run the same line - other than beer and cheap sex there is nothing to see.

Isn't that what you would encounter in Thailand if all you did was just stay in Pattaya! The PI is more than just Angeles City. :doah:

Simie' date=' I still cant bring myself to consider a trip to PI, even though I'm finally on the threshold of setting off for Cambo. Even if the stories of lawlessness are exaggerated, trip reports like SD's from a few months back run the same line - other than beer and cheap sex there is nothing to see.

...[/quote']

Isn't that what you would encounter in Thailand if all you did was just stay in Pattaya! The PI is more than just Angeles City. :doah:

A) Yes there is a lot more to the PI than just Angeles.

B) Even though I'm not a huge Pattaya fan these days, in fairness you can't say its the same as Angeles, far more to do in Pattaya than in AC.

Simie.

Apologies for getting OT here, but the thing that struck me about Vientiane was that, other than a small number of places targetting backpackers and the large bar overlooking the river, very little of the city seemed geared for foreign tourists. Dont get me wrong - Laos people seem hospitable enough - but its not like Pattaya where a number of (non-P4P) businesses (and a shopping mall) seem to owe their existence purely to tourism. Hua Hin is another town which seems to welcome tourists, Thai and Farang alike, for something beyond a beer and a shag. We might find a lot of the stuff aimed at tourists tacky (how many seashell necklaces or Buddha statues do you need ?), but its all part of the atmosphere - replace those stalls with people peering out at you from tin huts and a hotel where few of the staff speak English and its not quite so inviting. I may not *want* to go the Hard Rock Cafe or the cinema, but its good to have that option.

EP makes an excellent point.

What is happening and we see in the lower part of Sukhumvit goes well beyond the p4p scene you saw in that area, say, before the new social order. It is getting more aggressive, more dangerous and more visible.

It's great fodder for negative press, but we shouldn't blame the messengers or claim this reflects a battle between real estate developers - an imaginative and humorous, but entirely fictitious, take on the story and posts here.

Instead, Thailand should thank the new social order for all of this.

I agree. After 1:00 AM lower suk becomes a boiling pot of shit.

unit731, I suspect you know that many longtimers no longer go to Thailand for P4P. Plenty of comments on other boards that the girls are increasingly arrogant and the prices ludicrous - throw in the new arrivals and I dont think those guys will be coming back anytime soon.

They're staying home and jerking off to Streetmeatasia.

If a street hooker in New York (actually, I haven't seen one in years) ever laid hands on me, I would have immediately called 911 and claimed she had threatened me with everything up to and including weapons of mass destruction. With the right degree of exaggeration, the cops would probably have taken her down felony style. But in Bangkok, I don't have that option. In fact, there's nothing I can do at all.

Evel

:devil:

Another big tough 360 monger with what seems to be the prevailing point of view on the street of shame.

Another big tough 360 monger with what seems to be the prevailing point of view on the street of shame.

I've never thought of the lower Suk as a street of shame. For me, it's always been a street of fun, but now a short stretch of it - between Soi 3 and Soi 7 - has, in the wee hours, become the haunt of street pimps, human traffickers and drug dealers. Do you believe they make a positive contribution to the scene?

I'm NOT saying farang are in mortal danger, but the lower Suk is nowhere near as much fun as it once was. The new kids on the block are a lot meaner group than their predecessors who mostly stuck to the shadows of the sub sois. The corner of Soi 5 can be quite unpleasant to pass by under some circumstances.

Evil

I've never thought of the lower Suk as a street of shame. For me, it's always been a street of fun, but now a short stretch of it - between Soi 3 and Soi 7 - has, in the wee hours, become the haunt of street pimps, human traffickers and drug dealers. Do you believe they make a positive contribution to the scene?

"A positive contribution to the scene?" In a sense we all make a positive contribution, just by being there. To the chaos.

Dictionary: Chaos:

1. A state of utter confusion or disorder, a total lack of organization or order.

2. Any confused, disorderly mass.

Archived