The common cold, is it that bad?

tartempion

I flew Bangkok Udon on the 28th.

Got a sore throat the 30st around midday. (infected by some passengers?)

Took some angina meds for two days.

The 31st running nose, sore eyes, even sore teeth, headache, just could park my head somewhere else for a few days.

First Jan started coughing and sweating, still going on and can't sleep with all the coughing.

We were at a New Year's day party in the village on the first and around 5pm my wife advised me to get home and take a shower and come back fresh.

Seems that night the coughing exploded. Now she tells me that was an error: never take a shower when you're having a cold or the flue.

I haven't slept for 3 nights now and that couching is blowing my lungs out and giving me more of a broken throat.

It might well be my wife is getting the same this night, seeing how she covereed herself up in Alaska clothes. Any way, she has been a treat, refreshing me 6x day with awet towel. I am no longer alowed to to shower, drink cold drinks, eat cookies. The only relieve in fact comes from teaspoons of honey, all the meds I took don't help in any way.

I am closing in on 120 hours of this crap, sweating like a horse behind my keyboard and hope to day will see improvements. I am afraid things will look less good for my wife, if she has to go through this the next 5 days we are in for a treat.

Any way, comments or experiences welcome.

The common cold is a virus, so there is no remedy right?

I did my homework Shyguy:

No fever, no exhaustion.

Evolution of cold on track, 5 to 7 days.

Begin to feel better.

If problems persist more than 7 days need to see doctor to avoid bronchitis and pneumonia.

The couching has come down from 120/h to 40 last night to something like 20 right now.

But the sweating is still intense.

Since Sunday I have a severe cold as well.

- strong headache

- aching limbs

- fever, freezing, sweating

- sore throat

If it's a common viral infection you can't do much.

BUT my sore throat became much worse last night and the right lung started to hurt. Thefore I went to see a doc this morning.

Now I have to take Penicillin, because the doc diagnosed a *bacterial* tonsilitis. I already feel a little bit better, nevertheless I will stay at home tomorrow, especially since it's cold and snowy at the moment.

:snowcool:

No aching limbs nor fever, doctors are quick to subscribe antibiotics.

Kamui seems your problem is more serious than mine, good you went to see doctor anyway.

For me it's day 8, still couching sporadically and difficult talking, feel 70% today.

Positive is I lost 2kgs, that's 4 in 2 months.

Need to lose at least 10 in total.

Not cold nor snowy here in Isaan :doah:

i've felt like death for around 2 weeks.

chest infection,oral thrush,bad head cold and a trapped nerve in my shoulder/arm which is requiring physio.

no antbiotics taken as they seem to do me more harm then good.

things like paracetamol and codeine have helped.

- strong headache

- aching limbs

- fever, freezing, sweating

- sore throat

BUT my sore throat became much worse last night and the right lung started to hurt. Thefore I went to see a doc this morning.

Now I have to take Penicillin, because the doc diagnosed a *bacterial* tonsilitis. I already feel a little bit better, nevertheless I will stay at home tomorrow, especially since it's cold and snowy at the moment.

:snowcool:

That sounds like flu mate. Do you have a appettite? Any lethargy ?

- strong headache

- aching limbs

- fever' date=' freezing, sweating

- sore throat

:snowcool: [/quote']

That sounds like flu mate. Do you have a appettite? Any lethargy ?

I was completely down for three days. Even watching TV was too strenous :offline: and I did not eat much, but drank a lot of herbal tea.

In my case it was clearly Tonsillitis. I know it well, because until I became 22/23 I had it almost every year.

Therefore I went to see a doc soon and the prescribed Penicillin V is doing its job well.

Even I haven't completely recovered I will work tomorrow (being self employed... :p ).

Archived