BUPA Health Insurance

cardinalblue

I have looked into this coverage (favoring the 2 million baht cap per disease) which is basically hospitization, emergency and major medical..

I am 51 years old thus falling into the 45,000B a year premium. It is good for any hospital in Thailand, all countries except usa/canada. Presently residing in Thailand.

Spoke to my Thai neighbor today and thought premium is ridiculously high...

Anyone have similar coverage but a different plan with a lower premium or are pleased with BUPA and think its not a bad premium b/c service/responsiness is superior to your average insurance carrier?

CB

Difficult to compare unless you know the exact benefit plan.

Not sure if can attached a PDF file, but if it works here is the premium for year 2010 from Bupa.

Have used Bupa for many years without any issues at all - never any problems for them to pay directly to the hospital - never have to fill out any forms or claim back (in Thailand).

The USA coverage (or lack of coverage) is correct - but the reduced premium makes up for that - if/when I travel to the US I can take out supplementary insurance if needed.

Not sure if you can buy direct from BUPA, believe you need an agent.

Cheers!

BUPA Thailand isn't quite joined up with BUPA elsewhere. When I tried to transfer my BUPA UK coverage here, the initial response was that coverage would cease at the age of 70. That was retracted when I pointed out that I sought transfer of an existing policy which covered me until the age of 100. Principle accepted and now I'm waiting for the NHS to supply details of consultations over the last ten years. Very yawnworthy and I'd be grateful for any alternatives.

Archived