Thai Hospital Infections leave three more partially blind

Bangkoktraveler

Then you were never in intensive care units in any Thai hospital ?

Mom-in-law had openheart surgery 6 years ago in a public hospital, staff, care and hygienic standards were equal to Europe.

Visits required masks, gloves and shoecovers.

And that was under the 35 Bt program.

Only :up::up: from me.

BB

It is difficult to tell the hygienic standards of a hospital without the data for the rate of secondary infections. Do Thai hospitals even collect this data?

I'd hope Khon Kaen is more civilised than the average provincial hospital. About twenty years ago my bro-in-law was the victim of a hit arranged by a business rival. He was shot in the chest three times and was rushed to the provincial hospital (Chiang Rai). It happened to be a Sunday and the top surgeon was golfing. The ER staff decided bro-in-law wasn't going to make it ... and didn't want to bother the surgeon anyway. After several hours, when bro-in-law was still hanging on, they reluctantly called in the surgeon. He operated as soon as he arrived, finding that one bullet had actually grazed the heart.

So all is fine, right? Uh ... the wife was told all three bullets had been removed. Two days later, she felt a lump near her husband's spine. She asked the doc what it was. Oops! It was one of those .45 bullets he had allegedly all removed. :p

The cops killed the gunmen a few weeks later, but the arsehole who paid for the hit was never charged. TIT

I'd hope Khon Kaen is more civilised than the average provincial hospital. About twenty years ago my bro-in-law was the victim of a hit arranged by a business rival. He was shot in the chest three times and was rushed to the provincial hospital (Chiang Rai). It happened to be a Sunday and the top surgeon was golfing. The ER staff decided bro-in-law wasn't going to make it ... and didn't want to bother the surgeon anyway. After several hours, when bro-in-law was still hanging on, they reluctantly called in the surgeon. He operated as soon as he arrived, finding that one bullet had actually grazed the heart.

So all is fine, right? Uh ... the wife was told all three bullets had been removed. Two days later, she felt a lump near her husband's spine. She asked the doc what it was. Oops! It was one of those .45 bullets he had allegedly all removed. :p

The cops killed the gunmen a few weeks later, but the arsehole who paid for the hit was never charged. TIT

Thats scary. So basically because of high power distance in Thai culture, the lower rank nurses could not call the higher rank doctor, even when a man was dying!? Damn...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived