Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort

Evel_Penivel

The Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort is a new "themed hotel" on Wong Mat Beach in North Pattaya. It's a very impressive facility - 18 stories and 555 rooms overlooking a big water park and a 230-meter stretch of beach.

Bottom line: The Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort isn't guest friendly. It is a fantastic hotel for families with children or even for a romantic weekend with a special lady, but its out-of-the-way location and 1,000-baht joiner fees severely limit its appeal to mongers.

Here's the Web site for more info and pictures: CGMBR You can read about the facilities, restaurants, bars, etc. and all other details.

Rates: You can get rooms through hotel booking sites for about 3,500 baht a night, which is huge value for money.

Aside from the overwhelming negative of it not being guest friendly, the CGMBR has a few other pros and cons. It has an incredible water park with five swimming pools, slides and a "lazy river" for inner-tube rafting. It also has a long stretch of beach for those who enjoy ocean swimming. There are numerous activities for children besides the water park, i.e.. game room; play room; arts and crafts; classes in dancing, exercise and swimming; organized games, etc. My TGF's six-year-old daughter loved it. Compared with the village, she was in a magic kingdom. She cried when we checked out.

On the downside, it's location on Wong Mat Beach makes it a hassle to get to and from the hotel, especially if you want to avail yourself of the attractions of Walking Street. There is a free shuttle to Central Mall (it won't stop anywhere else), but it only runs once an hour and is always full. It's no huge obstacle to get a baht bus or a moto to take you to/from the CGMBR, but it isn't as convenient as a hotel right on a baht bus route. The food and drink at the hotel are very pricey, ­­­­­­even in comparison with other five-star hotels.

Evel

:devil:

The panoramic photo at the start of the post I lifted from the CGMBR Web site, the rest I took myself.

Page_5I.jpg

Page_5B.jpg

Page_5K.jpg

The rooms at the CGMBR are a generous 42 sq meters and comparable in standard to rooms at other five-star hotels.

Page-5S.jpg

Page-5U.jpg

Page-5V.jpg

Page-5W.jpg[/center]

• 6 months later...
3 shrimp :shakehead

Arai na, 3 shrimp???

I booked the Centara for next week on our way to Koh Chang "deluxe ocean with break fast" (most important meal of the day :drool: ) at 3500B all inclusive.

Guess what if you book now? 4880B!!!

Is this the beginning of high season? :shakehead

Will report when I get back (if ever), place looks kitsch to me.

Archived