Delta Airlines

chelseafan

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not as good as any foreign carrier. If you can, fly Korean Air. They are a Delta partner and when I buy my tickets to BKK, I ALWAYS work it so I fly Delta only in the US if possible, and Korean over the Pacific.

Already booked unfortuntaly. I did have a provisional booking with virgin who I hear are fantastic, but it took too long for the company to sign off the chit and the price went through the roof. Sounds like these guys are amateurs in comparison :(

I would tell you Delta suffers from being staffed by Americans and their sense of entitlement. Most if not all Asia carriers the staff are "damn happy, who do I have to blow, to have the job" mind set. Delta people have the "you're lucky I'm here for you" attitude and it shows.

Your flight will not be the worst in BC, but any asia group is better, IMHO.

Well I used the Old Northworst, now part of Delta.

I end in up in the cheap seats. Yea I know I'm a cheap SOB.

I really do not like it,but flying from Mn. they have a stranglehold on that airport.

Old fat cabin crews, bad temperment some times.

I really need to find a new way for us to fly back and forth.

This year I used airmiles for me and paid for my wife's ticket.

Due to work issues I needed to change the tickets.

Mine easy no major hassles.

On my wifes ticket thay wanted anothr 1700.00 to change her ticket. :(:(

This was about 10 days before our flight was to leave..

So needless to say my wife flew out on the original time and I just changed mine..

It also cost me 120k airmiles when before it was like 60k airmiles for a ticket..

The one big fight I see coming with Delta and Northworst is Northworst is union and Delta is non union..

Just waiting for the big strike to happen.

Unlike many of the other responders, I personally don't care what the flight attendants look like, they are doing their job, as long I am treated well, then it has been a good flight. At the same time, if I have been treated rudely, etc., I will write a review of the situation and send it to the airline including the attendant's name, etc. I have been flying Northwest (those routes) for about 10 years in business class. I have flown Cathay, Singapore, American, KLM, and British Air (all in Business class as well). Yes, the Asian airlines give you slightly better amenities and service, but their flight crews seem to be a bit larger (more numerous) on any given flight. At the same time, I have not found that many bad atitutdes among the American carriers and many have gone out oftheir way to make sure that my flight goes well.

I have found just being polite and sociable with the attendants goes a long way, regardless of the airline. As far as the airline goes, a lot is dependent on the amenities in the particular airplane. Since you are flying the European route with Delta, they have just retrofitted many/most of the their 777's on those routes with full, flat lie down beds in a 1-2-1 configuration. Personally, a comfortable bed, or a very passable reclining seat does a lot more for me than staring afar at a piece of eyecandy who personally does not give a shit about you anyway. I can save the staring and interplay for LOS, where at least some reponse, regardless of the reason.

Since the Delta takeover of Northwest, I have found that Delta is slightly cheaper as far as their services goes, it's just a bunch of little things in the amenities and some cost cutting in the services and choices that you have. You have a much higher probability now of Delta running out of a specific meal that you might want than you did back when they were NW, at least that is my experience in the year after the takeover.

Also, when making reservations and looking for flights and upgrades, be aware that they have not merge their IT or their flight reservation systems. They will swear that they see all of each others flights and you have access to all those flights that were either Delta or NW, but you will get totally different answers when asking for availability speaking to either Delta personnel on a Delta reservation system or to a former NW employee working on a NW reservation system. I experienced this in my last reservation where one person could find no flights to fit my criteria and another, could find a perfect fit only moments later when working on a different reservation system.

Archived