U.S. Demos Given ANOTHER Kick in the Ass

Hugh_Hoy

How ironic that the original Boston Tea Party steered the country to it's independence. Have the citizenry of Massachussetts gained their senses? Has it started a new revolution against the Kremlin West. Obie must be wondering WTF? Well, he can thank Pelosi and Reid for that one...and his one term in the White House.

Guy...yes, old Teddy must be doing flips about now. :rotl:

HH

The Boston Tea Party was not for independence but was how those behind the 'curtain' manipulated things. In this case, the ones who really profitted from this act were the booleggers.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, poor Dave. His savior has been bitched-slapped by his savior's own diciples. Face it Dave, even the people of Massachussets don't like The One's direction and policies. Thank God for that. (In fact, a poll just posted on the web by (of all sources) NBC, only 35% of the citizens agree with The One's direction and policies.) I'm thinking that Pee Wee Herman could run against The One in the next election and win; of course, that would be in the Demoncrat's primaries. :content: )

Obama's failure to achieve as much and as fast as he promised last year's elecotrate caused him to say that he was not aware of how long it takes to get things done in Congress. Kind of supports what I was saying 18 months ago. He calls this being naieve. I call it being unprepared for the office. In one year, he's failed to keep promises about as often as a bargirl being sponsored by ten love-struck farang.

HH

You don't think resisting taxes is related to independence? Whatever.

HH

The taxes had already been reduced. If it was an issue of taxation it would have been considered when taxes were at its fullest level not after it had been reduced.

The other ports, such as New York and Charleston had already resolved the issue.

I'm against unfair taxes as well. To be truthful though the U.S. position for independence was really a case of ungratefulness to some degree. The British government went into huge debt fighting to save the colonies from French rule in the French and Indian war from 1756 to 1763 (known as the 7 years war across the pond). Parliament thought it was only fair that the colonies helped pay off the debt via taxes. The merchant class in the colonies didn't want to do it.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. There was residual anger left over from the bailout and the financial meltdown.

I think no matter who won the white house there was going to be anger from the people. I don't think its necessarily an anti Dem thing. I would suggest that if McCain won, pretty much anything he would have done that cost money or was somewhat controversial would rally people against him to the Dems. The people are upset about politicians and congress in general, not so much a specific party The party in charge will suffer the most. The reason why so many Dems won in traditional Republican districts in the election was for the same reason. Change from the status quo.

The republicans have no plan right now. You can ask anyone who voted for the republican candidate what exactly is their plan for this and that and I bet ya most couldn't tell you.

As I see it, Obie has shot himself in both feet over health care. Yes, health care would be nice. But a lot of folks would rather have a JOB ... and now, not later. With a job, they could get their own health care.

Also, what happened to the promise to bring the troops home? It doesn't help any either that Nasty Pelosi makes Lucretia Borgia seem nice. She gives new meaning to the word BITCH. Nothing like having the Queen of Mean on the TV every day making voters cringe even more.

I think the Republicans successfully sabotaged health care. It was the smart thing to do politically.

Obama ran on the health care bill. Its not like people didn't know about it when they went into the voting booth. Hillary had a similar plan and even McCain had a health care proposal. EVERY candidate for the high office, no matter the party, MUST have a health care plan. Why? Because its deemed important enough to be part of the national debate. I think the difference is that the Dems believe in one and the Republicans say they have one for political expediency. They don't believe in the concept.

Any plan was going to cost money and it was the perfect storm. People are out of work, the debt was increasing and conservatives did the smart thing by playing on it with scaring people. During the campaign, we never heard conservatives talk about health care reform in the same manner. Why? People wanted it. Or at least they thought they did.

Its still an anti government atmosphere. I still say its whomever is in power. As I said, during the last election, Democrats won some districts that haven't been Democrat in decades. This is part of that process. There was one thing those districts and the current losses all have in common. They were occupied by long standing incumbents who were seen as part of the current problem.

Republicans may get enough seats to block a variety of things but all it would do is make things worse because nothing will get done.

People aren't as concerned about the troops being home sooner. Its coffee table issues right now. The independents think that is a secondary if not tertiary issue to jobs and the economy and the feeling that the big boys are getting bailed out and the common man is left with the bill.

GWB is still too recent I think for the Republicans to take over. The only way is that they have to seem like they have new blood. If or when they do take over, what's going to change? Again, I see nothing in the way of ideas or proposals that suggest anything new.

I am no fan of Pelosi personally. However, if or when the Republicans take over there will be a face that will get the same hate. It was Newt Gingrich in the '90s.

If I hear of a plan from a Republican who is not tied to the religious right and extreme right, I'll listen and consider voting for such a person but the problem is the religious right (this coming from a Christian) and the remnants of the neocons still control the party and no one can get on the top of the ticket without that group within the party.

The Dems were doing what they say they do. They spend big on social programs. I don't like a lot of it but I knew it was gonna happen so I'm not shocked or suprised. They are acting according to their doctrine. I can't say the same for the Republicans. So its the devil I know for now for me. I am more scared of a party that is a wild card because it acts only for power sake and doesn't adhere to its principles.

How ironic that the original Boston Tea Party steered the country to it's independence. Have the citizenry of Massachussetts gained their senses? Has it started a new revolution against the Kremlin West. Obie must be wondering WTF? Well' date=' he can thank Pelosi and Reid for that one...and his one term in the White House.

Guy...yes, old Teddy must be doing flips about now. :rotl:

HH[/quote']

The Boston Tea Party was not for independence but was how those behind the 'curtain' manipulated things. In this case, the ones who really profitted from this act were the booleggers.

I recall reading, that the participants in the tea party were mostly printers, pissed off at the tax on paper. They dumped the tea, but protected the paper, in fact, I think they looted it. The stamp act and a few other things got them going.

HH,

I think you and I are on the same page that ALL politicians suck ass and dick. What I don't get is why some, maybe you? seem to think one side is really any better than the other. I want to see all new people in there...trouble is, they will line their pockets and leave/get voted out...

For change, I want to see any leader twell these ass hats they have to take it up the ass like any other person, salary cuts, pension loss, benifit cuts etc...lay off 30+% of them etc...will never happen, but I'd love to see it. Truth is, we really don't need this much government.

Archived