Yearly Physical?

Guy Himmaparn

You can check out this page with info on what is available in different hospitals.

Medical Check Ups

Darn good resource with prices. Thanks.

I would go for the max on blood/urine tests. But if you are in good health - you don't need all that.

I had to ask for the Lyme disease blood test. Also had to ask for the thyroid blood test. I don't know if these are including in regular blood work.

A good one to watch on Tele is Mystery Diagnosis - Discovery Health channel. Facinating stories about doctor's mis-diagnosing patients with common symptoms.

Suk Hospital is "OK" but be careful...my friend wen there for the full physical, which includes x-rays and an ultrasound...the Doc said...liver OK, spleen OK...wait an minute...my spleen was removed 20 years ago!!! Opppps!!!

You have to watch them and stay on top of them, for sure!!!

Check this out:

http://www.sukumvithospital.com/en/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=8

Price is still only 3,650 Baht. I made an appt. for this Thurs.

Cheers,

Elroy

:topic: (That's me who is off topic, it's a warning. Going to request this gif be added to all my posts by default, it's the non sequitur gene I inherited from grandpa).

Anyway, clicked the link and went to their site, looked at 'jobs' (work in HealthCare systems now). For the highest level of nurse -- you have to be female, and between 23-30 years old. What if you're 32? Or male?

I work at a site with @ 60 nurses. 12 male, and almost all of the staff are over 30 (which kinda sucks). Before starting I eagerly anticipated working with a bunch of 'hot nurses.' Wrong. As a demographic here they're are almost all overweight, they eat a lot of comfort food (in their defense, it's an extremely stressful job).

It surprised me to see those kind of requirements posted for a hospital. Back to normal programming.

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO,

I would strongly suggest a blood test be done on a regular basis which tests PSA, white cell count, triglycerides, chloresterol are ones that tell you some basics about your health.

If you're over 55, you might consider a colonoscopy once every two years, and a digital prostate check as well.

I admire your willingness to do the basics to keep up with your health.

I remember asking a gay employee how he liked the prostate exam....He replied, "it was like a thousand birthday cakes"!

Best of luck to you

• 3 weeks later...

After checking out a few options I went with the "Regular" exam at Bumrungrad for 2,600 baht, mainly because of reputation, price, and proximity (I was staying at the Benja on Soi 5.)

They have the process streamlined to the point that I was back in my hotel for breakfast in less than 2 hours. (Food is offered at the hospital while you're waiting to see the doctor but I wanted some ham & eggs.) They asked me to return in a couple of hours for the results and a consultation with the doctor, then sent off the report via email 3 days later... very effecient and professional, and a great value if all you require is a basic checkup.

Archived