On a Written Warning For......

Mekong

Anyone who has ever met me will realise that I have a slightly warped sense of humour and tend to enjoy a laugh no matter how serious the situation.

I got freakin' written warning at work today, which I am contesting of course, because my Cell Phone Ringtones are perceived as offensive and were reported by my contractor.

To put it into perspective, I am employed as a consultant by a well known Dutch Oil and Gas Company (seconded via company I work for) and my Contractor happens to be German, the ringtones in question are :-

C&I Engineers Theme to Great Escape

Electrical Enginners Dambusters March

Project Manager Theme from Dads Army

No sense of humour in Munchen

RM

The "Dont Mention the War" is used in meetings

YOU STARTED IT

No I didn't you invaded Poland

It was funny, as my PM was issuing my warning the HR manager was recieving the ringtones via Bluetooth when he was supposed to be recording my warning.

I have already santioned a one of extra payment of 1/2 Billion US$ to the Contractor and now they are asking for another 1/2 Bill, complaining about my ringtones is not condusive to getting extra $.

I will leave my Leiderhosen at home tomorrow but you can be sure I will have more ringtones.

On my truck I had a sticker made up that said "proud sponsor best friends beer bar Pattaya, Thailand."

It was on my fender left rear axle so people passing me could see it.

More of a joke than anything else.

Then on my hood both sides I have " a lick and a promise" with the rolling stones tounge logo at the end.

Well the stickers have a been on the truck about 2 years.

Then one day my dispatcher calls me.

We need to talk..Ok what's up.

Well what do you have on your rear fender.

I tell him.

Well it needs to come off..

I said my truck not the companies.

He said well somebody called safety about it, and complained.

I said it's been there several years now and somebody is complaining??

I said it's staying on. He states you have been warned. Ok Later

Never said a word about the "lick and a promise"

That one has gotten more laughs..

Oh, my wife finally made me take off the proud sponsor sticker.

She said we do not need people thinking I'm a bar girl..

Change "Don't mention the war" to "Remember who won the war", that's the one I used to use for arrogant Japanese friends.

Coss, the way they teach history in Japan about WW2, missing out any unsavoury bits about themselves some of them probably think they won the war?! ;)

Simie.

Archived