Well, it's here. Apple Tablet. Ipad.

dave32

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's gonna find a market as a portable media device, ideal for use on the couch or travelling. Watch a movie, play a game, listen to some music, reading a magazine, newspaper or book. Not a full fledged pc, but something easy, even my parents can use.

I can see myself buying one, provided Apple delivers the content (books, magazines and newspapers) and the tablet is able to play a vast array of media codecs, but I doubt they're gonna do that. After all, Apple is also in the business of selling content, so they don't look kindly on customers using their own copies.

I guess we'll have to wait how this is going to work out.

It's definitely a consumers device and not for professionals. Reading books and newspapers, surfing the web, listening to music, emails and chat, watching videos and phonecalls via Skype. If the iPad does this well IMHO it will be a success.

As we know Apple is able to create markets for products the consumers didn't know that they desperately would like to own them as soon as they were on the market => iPod, iPone.

I'll wait until version 2 or 3.

I remember iPods and iPhones, versions 1 and the lack of goodness.

Apple's marketing machine has shit loads of goodies up their sleeves and will release them into the iPad when they feel the time is right. Or when sales slump.

IMHO the iPhone only got good when it was up to 3G and 3GS.

And so it will probably be for the iPad.

Coss

The thing is, it is the future....small, highly portable, sleek, multi functional, touch screen. It is how computers look in futuristic movies....and if you've used a iPhone you'll know their patented touch screen technology beats the crap out of other manufacturers. I can SMS so rapidly on the iPhone 3G in landscape mode, much faster than on Nokia's/LG's etc.

Apple will play the long game again. The iPhone on version one wasn't a massive hit, but the 3G and 3GS have been enormous successes. Thus it will be again.

Btw, it doesn't have a standard USB port as it connects via the dock, the same way as an iPhone does. Apple dock one end, USB plug at the other, straight into your iMac/MacBook.

Am I the only person that still believes that a telephone is for making calls, a camera is for taking photos, a computer is for emailing and surfing the net, the TV is for watching movies and the stereo is for listening to music?

I won't be getting one just as I won't be getting an iPhone.

Sometimes I enjoy peace and quiet.

Archived