Well, it's here. Apple Tablet. Ipad.

dave32

The name reminds me of a personel female sanitary product Its that time of the month make sure you have your iPad with you.

:rotl::rotl::rotl:

I'm an Apple fan and have an old iBook laptop. Did'nt get an iPhone when I changed my phone last year but might consider it later this year when I change again and get a new Macbook at the same time. I'm sure the iPad is a lovely bit of kit but not quite sure what I'd use it for if I had an iPhone and a Macbook already? :hmmm:

Simie.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yesterday an Apple Forum I am a member of almost exploded. Most seem to hate the new iPad, but I guess those fanboys had expected a kind of workstation/game machine/ebook reader/home server/camera iphone...

Man, you were not exaggerating, it is taking a severe BEATING on the forums. Sheeeeesh. I agree with some of the criticism, specifically lack of a USB drive and an inability to support adobe Flash (not good for something that markets itself as a netbook killer). But, you would think this was the worst thing since the Plague the way people are melting down. OTOH, I suppose it's nice to see Apple get thrashed on occasion.

Curious as I am to get it in my hands... I'll probably also wait for next release. And Flash support.

The iphone I have... it's used as much as my laptop and workstation combined (except when on a 48 hour poker binge). Have even made a few posts here with it. Was a good investment.

Yesterday an Apple Forum I am a member of almost exploded. Most seem to hate the new iPad' date=' but I guess those fanboys had expected a kind of workstation/game machine/ebook reader/home server/camera iphone...

[/quote']

Man, you were not exaggerating, it is taking a severe BEATING on the forums. Sheeeeesh. I agree with some of the criticism, specifically lack of a USB drive and an inability to support adobe Flash (not good for something that markets itself as a netbook killer). But, you would think this was the worst thing since the Plague the way people are melting down. OTOH, I suppose it's nice to see Apple get thrashed on occasion.

Some of them won't be happy till they get brain implants.

Guest lazyphil

oh jesus h fuckin' christ who needs this crap???....ipads i ask you. i'm still getting over orange giving me a shiney new nokia 6700 for updating my new contract :content:

I think it's gonna find a market as a portable media device, ideal for use on the couch or travelling. Watch a movie, play a game, listen to some music, reading a magazine, newspaper or book. Not a full fledged pc, but something easy, even my parents can use.

I can see myself buying one, provided Apple delivers the content (books, magazines and newspapers) and the tablet is able to play a vast array of media codecs, but I doubt they're gonna do that. After all, Apple is also in the business of selling content, so they don't look kindly on customers using their own copies.

I guess we'll have to wait how this is going to work out.

Archived