Stickman

checkbin

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main point is that the THAIS must change their culture/ideas.

It is the THAIS that send their daughters to work as whores!

If the Thai government would outlaw prostitution and ENFORCE the law, things would look a bit different but as long as the Thai gov keeps a blind eye to the OPEN prostitution going on and the THAI families keep sending their daughters (and sons?) to be prostitutes, what do you expect to happen...NOTHING!

For me, outlaw prostitution, WTF, in every country in the world you can always find a "willing" lady.

I was also surprised there was no discussion about Stickman's last weekly column here. But I also didn't know that Stickman had a board similar to this (I will need to take a second look at his site).

I can see this discussion heading off in many directions (or going nowhere), but for the cultural part I think a bit of history would be useful. Isn't it interesting that, when you read practically any history of Thailand (European, Chinese, Japanese, American), obvious sexual liaisons between foreign men and Thai women (and sometimes Thai men, even back when homosexuality was verboten in Western societies) are almost always mentioned, if not given prominent attention. Although I don't have the answer (I have a few guesses and hunches), you have to ask: why?

I think the issue of outlawing prostitution altogether is much "easier" because it can be discussed on a very practical level on the basis of what we have seen. There is no magic wand (need to go back at Stickman's column and look, but I think this was one of those "if possible" hypos), and it simply won't work. I said this was easier, but its actually a very complicated issue. It's like pressing down on one end of a ballon; the other side simply gets bigger. Or 'cracking down' on NEP; you simply have a bigger, more visible and more dangerous problem on the lower sois of Sukhumvit (which you might not be able to reverse). Or outlawing alcohol in the U.S. in the 1920s; we're still living with the consequences of that ham fisted, and seriously stupid, approach to a serious problem.

These are easy analogies, but I think more than half the reason they are so easy is because they are so true in so many respects.

Stickman's thoughts:

Why do we do the things we do? That's where this all seems to be going.

We do the things that we do, because we can. Simple.

I have not been to any country where some Thai lady is not selling her pussy...what's up with that??? (over 40 countries, maybe more).

There is a severe moral defect in the Thai culture, but I am not to one to say this, but the one to "enjoy" the defect, yes, thus my defect also.

I have always said that Thailand's major export was pussy...but I am a Tin Hat, so WTF...

In how many European countries is prostitution legal? What are the Russian, Khazak etc hookers doing in Asia? In the UAE? I'd only been in Oz a day or two before I was accosted by a Strine hooker. Why the hang up with Thais?

For the record, the early visitors to Ayutthaya always commented that the Burmese and Chinese women were the hookers. So were the Farangs mia nois.

p.s. Anyone meet a Thai hooker in Cambodia? In Vietnam?

Archived