Stickman

checkbin

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a prostitute.

I sell my mind and body to a corporation in return for money....

Thanks to a decent education and good luck i am a higher class of hooker than say a burger flipper in McDonalds.... but' date=' there it is.

Plenty of people also are full of sexual hang-ups and repression.... ;-)[/quote']

Please. So working is the same as prostitution? So a farmer who raises crops to sell to take care of his family is a prostitute? So by that logic, the only people who aren't prostitutes are people who are on the dole or trust fund babies. But then again, even they have to fill out forms sometimes or abide by some of daddy's rules, so I guess it's Planet of the Prostitutes then.

The defining aspect of prostitution is selling your SEX. If you think there's no distinction, then it means you'd be willing to go work as a gigolo, so... have you? Would you? OK, so, it's not really an honest statement then is it.

Sorry, it's just a really tired old lefty mantra, that prostitute line. And I'm a John Lennon-loving lefty myself, so it's not like you're getting it here from any talk radio fanatic. What you're tooting here is irrational hyperbole.

Exactly, it is a tired old excuse that means nothing.

i do a very quick scan of his weekly blurb if i remember ( some bits i never read epecioally readers subs). i think the main reason it took off was the pages and pages of info that was written for the naughty nightlife guide which was good (even though most of it was probably gleaned from boards like nanapong/plaza).

But my question now is why is the layout of the site such a mess? Its like the weekly section is being hidden away. looks like a dogs breakfast.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick note of a more positive vibe...

Stick's given this site a lot of mentions over the last few weeks...which is nice. I've no idea if that's converted into new members or more traffic to here, but I thought it would be nice to recognise a positive contribution he has made.

Stick make up your mind about how you will theme your column as you are loosing readership (and advertisers) from both sides of the aisle.

That's strange. It appears you think you know something which you absolutely could not possibly know! I had my best week ever for both advertising inquiries (one sign up and a bunch of inquiries' date=' most of which I think will come through) and record traffic levels.

I have never tried to appease the readership and I frequently piss off pockets of it. That approach, calling things as I see it, has led to the site being hugely popular. I have no intention of changing my approach.

There are a number of Thailand websites, some cover the nightlife exclusively, some cover it as part of the bigger picture. Whatever you want there will probably be a site that covers it. If you don't like my site - and I understand and respect that many people do not - there are plenty more for you to choose from.[/quote']

I must say that you dissemble rather well Stick.

Don’t get me wrong – I admire what you do. It’s been quite interesting checking in on your website from time to time, just to see how your mental state of development is going through your weekly updates.

Because as you’ve said before again & again, at some point you become inoculated to the humanistic side of prostitution in Thailand – perhaps you never said it quite as eloquently as that, but you should get the gist.

You might appear to be superficially a hypocrite, but I think that comment is unfair. To do what you have in your life must have taken some type of toll on you.

People can sometimes be too harsh in judging others. People change, and can change. To not realise this is simply idiotic.

I think you’ve changed and perhaps you could have passed this information along much earlier then you did in your post that quite appeared to be an epiphany that you’d perhaps arrived at years, even decades ago.

I guess that does say something about you. You are careful, considered & perhaps quite the procrastinator.

BTW anyone with half a brain could work out that stirring the readership up would build up traffic levels, pointing that out just makes you seem condescending.

Personally I’ve taken your own advice in your post above, & in future will not visit your website.

The reason is that it has all become so jaded, and these epiphanies of yours no longer interest me. I could invent much more interesting ones myself, and you appear to be (forgive me), getting more boring as your middle aged spread develops into what appears to be some kind of morally jaded conceit.

Next you will be quoting David Hume and his “Treatise of Human Natureâ€Â. Perhaps you will even claim ‘calm passions’!!!

Well good luck with it all Stickman, I’ve enjoyed witnessing the moral decline, then the snail’s pace momentum for reformation. And of course there is now time for a leisurely, slow-lob enlightenment. Perhaps there may even be in dream space room for a revolution even. No, no one should be calling you a hypocrite.

Hi,

"If I remember correctly, before Xmas last year the Stickman site had a note saying a new nightlife guide would be up before the end of 2009."

He also hinted that the would be radical changes before Xmas with regards to availability of nightlife websites if I am not mistaken.

So, maybe best to just classify these under "don't believe everything you read on the Internet" :)

Sanuk!

i remember a mate of mine put me onto teh stickman website when it was hosted by chopsticks back in the days when he use to do is cadge duty booze or anything free off people.

The writen word of his pages and pages of where to find hookers and how to engage them in sexual activities was directly responsible for me participating in the scene.

Now what amuses me is that someone can make a very confortable living out of writing about a couple of hundred metre strip of road on a weekly basis for the past 10 years.

Not moralising here...i and i am sure many others have done some shonky things in the past.

I stopped reading Stick the minute he elevated Thai men as some sort of role model, with the silly examples of how we farangs involve ourselves with the women Thai men supposedly wouldn't touch, nonsense(as if Thai men were not fucking and falling in love with those same women).

The dude had too many internal conflicts going on for my tastes as he attempted to integrate himself into Thai society.

First year of his blog was a very good and useful read for those new expats going the teaching route for those who were not privy to the nana delphi and ASFO boards. I give him kudos for that.

Archived