Be a Windows 7 God

Palatkik

A handy tip for those of us who change settings often and hate navigating through loads of windows, God Mode:-

To enter "GodMode," one need only create a new folder and then rename the folder to the following:

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

Once that is done, the folder's icon will change to resemble a control panel and will contain dozens of control options.

Works on 32 and 64 bit W7, also supposed to work with Vista, not tried though.

• 4 months later...

Someone at work showed me this yesterday -- it's actually pretty neat and puts numerous config options at your disposal within a single folder (think Control Panel on steroids).

I remembered seeing a post on it here. Note: In the OP you have an extra space that will prevent it from working (...825C- 99..., should be ...825C-99...).

If you simply rename any win7 folder thus:

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

EDIT: How weird is that -- I removed the space between 825c-99 and it still shows up in the line above. As a matter of fact I can't see it now, but when I post this I know it will appear. What gives KS? The forum is inserting the space, which will prevent the code from working if you copy/paste.

It will work.

Info here.

Works for me.

However, I can only see it in Windows Explorer.

This is weird - I use Total Commander.

I created a new folder using Total Commander typing in GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} and hitting the return key.

I now have a folder with that FULL name.

However, when I look in Windows Explorer I've got a folder named GodMode (no other text) with all the other folders as explained.

When I look in Total Commander it shows me an empty folder.

I deleted the folder in Total Commander and the GodMode folder in Windows Explorer was also deleted.

Is that weird or what. I have Total Commander to show hidden files so thats not it.

Anyone any explanation??

• 2 months later...

Archived