Where to change $$$ in Pataya

cavanami

A mate mentioned a place near the entrance to Walking Street that always gives best rates for cash.. I won't see him till Wednesday unfortunately. Maybe someone else knows the name and exact location.

If you are using plastic the Aeon Bank is I think still the only bank that doesn't charge a fee. One ATM on ground floor Carrefour Pattaya Klang that is occasionally out of service. 2 Aeon ATMS at Tesco Lotus on N Pattaya Rd that is never out of service.... full branch office there.

:beer:

The two places I know that have the best exchange rates are The Gold Shop in soi Rungland opposite the OK Corral bar, and the exchange place on Beach Road just before you get to Walking Street. Sorry I've forgotten its name, but it's just before the Siam Commercial Bank, has a yellow sign, and a logo like the cross of Lorraine. Both of these have significantly better rates of exchange than the banks. They are licensed money exchanges rather than banks. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reminds me of the time I saw a Farang run out of baht in a bar and he tried to pay the rest in Canadian. The mamasan looked at the money suspiciously, even though I verified that Canada really was a country and told her the then Canuck dollar exchange rate. Still, she wasn't having it. I had to swap him some baht for a C$20 so the guy could pay his bill! :p

Archived