Electric use for 1 month

BadaBing

I received a quote from Citidines on soi 23 for a 1 month stay , and this bit was in the contract:

" Electricity monthly usable allowance at THB 1,500 nett per month with any excess will be chargeable at THB 6 per kilowatt hour exceeded, subject to VAT."

Aside from normal usage of appliances , tv and lights , how many K-watts a day will the AC consume ?

Am i getting set up for a milking here ?

Any comments are truly appreciated.

Thanks

BadaBing

given my experience renting apartments in BKK--and there's no question that in farang-oriented, "serviced apartments," they're totally screwing us with a special farang rate for such things--1,500 is what one would pay for a fairly heavy-use month of air con, etc., only in a really hot month like March or April.

If you absolutely don't want to be milked, then you need to stay in a Thai building, where your neighbors are taxi drivers, bar girls, etc. I've done this, for as cheap as 3,500 a month (can't remember what the average utilities were per month in such places, but even on a "high" month it was waaaaay lower than 1,500!! BTW, that place was furnished, with air con, and quite large. A bit far out, though: Sukhumvit 81.

I also did 4,500 on Ratchada soi 1, and 5,000 on soi Rangnam.

I received a quote from Citidines on soi 23 for a 1 month stay , and this bit was in the contract:

" Electricity monthly usable allowance at THB 1,500 nett per month with any excess will be chargeable at THB 6 per kilowatt hour exceeded, subject to VAT."

Aside from normal usage of appliances , tv and lights , how many K-watts a day will the AC consume ?

Am i getting set up for a milking here ?

Any comments are truly appreciated.

Thanks

BadaBing

haha, and I DON'T think electricity is normally subject to VAT...!!!!

What the contract says is electricity up to 1,500 per month is included in the rent. Any amount over that will be charged at 6 baht KW/hr. Actual charge for electricity is a sliding scale that comes out to about 3-4 baht KW/hr, including the extra FT charge and VAT, so they are adding close to 50% on to what they actually pay. But again, this is only if he exceeds the allowance.

Unless he runs the air-con constantly, he will probably stay under the 1,500 baht a month allowance. I pay the electricity for a 42 sq mt condo, two air-cons, one runs probably 50% during the daytime, and the other all night. Uses about 400 KW/hr at a cost of about 1,500 a month. Note, I pay directly, no owner added surcharge to the rate.

I don’t think there will be any milking, unless, like I said, he runs the air-cons all the time.

Electricity is subject to VAT. Take a look at your bill.

TH

Where I stay, a serviced apartment/house they also charge 6 baht/Kwatt ... I do use the air conditioner heavily when at home, usually at night getting back at about 7.00pm on average. I usually pay 1,800 to 2,200 baht per month. So, you should expect a small sum at the end however, I usually stay at this place, so I trust the owners.

Archived