Will the islands/beaches be deserted before Thai New Year 4/15

Tiger

My friends and I finally decided to visit Thailand in April but we're not sure whether the islands/beaches will be deserted before Thai New Year 4/15/10. If some shops and restaurants are closing for the New Year we would rather visit Thailand after the New Year like 4/16. Any suggestions?

Also what are some of the nicest and cleanest beaches/islands in Thailand and any from the list?

koh lipe

koh samui

koh tao - Koh nan yuan

Koh kood/kut

songkriet

Railay/singha, phi phi

Koh Samet

Koh Phangan

Koh Turatao

Thanks,

Thanks Limbo,

So would you recommend us to visit thailand between 4/1-4/21 or 4/15/ - 5/6? Which is better regarding to accommodation, tourists and outdoor activities? We would like to visit the following islands.

Koh samui

Similand island

Ao Nang

A matter of personal choice but I'd have to disagree with Limbo big time on this. April far too hot for most people and you'll be lucky to be able to stand 30 minutes on the beach. Plus personally I hate songkran and used to leave Thailand to avoid it when I lived there.

Simie.

Personal taste simie.

April is hot though!

Similan island are most likely just about to close and there's only one of the islands that offers accomodation, usually it's with diving live aboards that you visit the Similans. The one island that does offer acco, it's really basic and besides a kind of guesthouse style building there's absolutely nothing else available.

For Samui you can check out this Samui blog with lots of local info about things to do and places to eat.

Yes, on Samui the water throwing is just one day, not sure if it's due to lack of water. Could well be, it's in the middle of the dry season and especially this year there will be serious water shortages due to the almost complete lack of rain during the rainy season.

Limbo you mentioned "Similan island are most likely just about to close"

Do mean that because it's approaching rain season so Similan island is closing to the public?

Again thanks all, but I would like a firm answer on this guys. If I were to visit Thailand for three weeks starting 4/15 - 5/6 would it still be sunny throughout the West (Phuket) and East coast (Koh Samui) for islands hopping.

Archived