I feel like I'm out of options

doris day

ok but my problem isnt that they wont commit to me...my problem is that they aren't the type that (as i said originally)..wont cheat, prioritise money over love etc.

I will commit to a girl IF i can find one who is a gem. I can't find a gem even after five years of searching all over SE Asia. Perhaps I wrote the post a little funny but in essence that's my point.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok but my problem isnt that they wont commit to me...my problem is that they aren't the type that (as i said originally)..wont cheat, prioritise money over love etc.

I will commit to a girl IF i can find one who is a gem. I can't find a gem even after five years of searching all over SE Asia. Perhaps I wrote the post a little funny but in essence that's my point.

If someone wants something from you other than love its not committment but attaching to a victim.

We sometimes go for certain 'types' consciously or subconsciously. Some women for instance, need to 'save' someone and they go for lost causes (addicts, etc.) so they can save them. The 'Florence Nightingale' syndrome as some therapists call it.

Men are no different. I used to date the 'wrong' women for a while. They were more exciting than the nice, pristine ones. No wonder I couldn't find a good girl to settle down with.

Prostitutes and princesses can and will use men. Their station in life makes no difference.

If quite a few people are finding true love in SE Asia and you aren't then logic dictates it has to rest mostly on your shoulder. If no one was finding good women in Asia then its the women. If enough western men are then it can't be the women but the person.

I still contend you're not fulfilling something to these women. Could be any matter of things, emotional, financial, physically/sexually, etc. You could be deemed too weak, too jealous, too cheap, too controlling, too something, whatever it is. Also, as I noted you may be going after a certain type and don't realize you are.

Not wanting to get married is a big red flag right there. As someone else noted, why should a women committ to someone who doesn't want to get married. Women want security. They equate security with love to some extent.

.....it seems like it's all bullshit so what's a man to do?

Don't know.

For what it's worth, I thought your other post (the trip report part 3) was good, solid, honest writing. Keep that up.

The woman you wrote of there really got under your skin eh? An educated guess would be that something happened since and you got a little stung. ??. Hence the somewhat contradictory rant now.

Ride it out, learn from the experience. Cliched but true. I personally find alcohol to be the best remedy for duress inflicted by females.

:beer:

Chin up, and all that.

Was at the local Amphur last week and they had a large board on the wall posting, by month, stats for last year; marriages, deaths, adoptions, divorces, etc.

There were something like 1000 marriages and 500 divorces, so it appears there is nothing special being married to a Thai woman as the divorce stats are about the same as in the west.

Couldnt agree more, bust - its like asking McDonalds for advice on nutrition. Its all food, right ?

Let me be the first to say that I have absolutely no idea what is going on inside any Thai woman's head, but I know of no group that spends more time wondering about that than the membership of this board. I also doubt that prostitutes anywhere on earth analyse their profession in more detail than the membership of this board. Take a bow, then give yourselves an uppercut. :)

"...many BM's know me and my wife in real life and will confirm she is a great lass..."

I am one of those guys, and frankly I can't see what she is doing with an ugly loser like you... :neener::neener::neener::neener::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

555 Me too...agree completely...

Farrrrk.....An OH post I agree with..I think I've been up country too long

Cheers DC

Archived