Yangon, Myranmar

Hugh_Hoy

Not sure where this should go...nightlife for sure...but the right forum?

Anyway, over the years when the subject of "nightlife" in Rangoon, Burma (okay, Yangon, Myramar) ha come up, I've read about one form of "entertainment" that takes place in some hotels and bars/pubs that features "models" who parade around on a stage. Whether or not men are "encouraged" to purchased so-called "garlands" for the momentary favorite, I don't know. All I know is that guys apparently do "purchase" these items and have them delivered to one of the girls they choose. I have no idea how much is paid for these tokens of love. 5555555555

Anyway, what got me to the point of posting some YouTube links of these "parades" of "models" was a posting on another board. Has anybody ever personally visited such a venue and can you fill us in on the availability of the girls? Prices? Best places to take in one of these shows?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcb2mHVAHbM&NR=1

If you like Tilac (SC), you'll go nuts over these gals. 555555555555555

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kWbXRi0f5k&feature=fvw

HH

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I once stayed in a hotel in Hat Yai which had a Kareoke bar. Diners/drinkers could buy flower garlands and take them up to the singer of their choice. I fancied an exceptional older girl and bought her about half a a dozen, they weren't expensive, about 20B I recall.

I was the only farang in the place but I noticed several staying at the hotel.

She spent a few hours at my table (no lady drink prices) and then we left together (no barfine) and hit a few nightspots finishing the evening in bed.

Next day I gave her 1000B which she was quite pleased with.

I once stayed in a hotel in Hat Yai which had a Kareoke bar. Diners/drinkers could buy flower garlands and take them up to the singer of their choice. I fancied an exceptional older girl and bought her about half a a dozen, they weren't expensive, about 20B I recall.

She spent a few hours at my table (no lady drink prices) and then we left together (no barfine) and hit a few nightspots finishing the evening in bed.

Next day I gave her 1000B which she was quite pleased with.

That's standard practice all over Thailand; the type of venue is called "cafe". It's not at all guaranteed that the girls will go home with customers, though.

Some of them are quite good singers; that's basically where aspiring luk thung singers often end up if they don't "make it" (and sometimes ones with very good voices don't make it). The next step (down) from working in a cafe is straight-up hooking. There's a former cafe singer (who is still an amazing singer) working at Afterskool, and in the past I've met them in Big Dogs (Nana) and (Cowboy) Country Roads.

HH

Thanks for the link ! I've been to Yangon many times and picked many girls from the discos there but no plan to go back anytime soon unfortunately.

You'll find plenty of info on the internet about the clubs there, particulary one the world sex guide. I just noticed allmyanmar.com has a section on "sexy girls" . Quite surprising ! Yet they advertise the " Asia Plaza Hotel" which is quite a boring place IME.

In the discos, the garland girls are usually there for takeway, and most hang out in the club in between catwalks.

Yet the place in the following link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcb2mHVAHbM&NR=1 is actually a popular restaurant , "Power Point" or a similar name, I've been there a couple of times with elder business relations who wouldn't pick up girls so don't quite know how it works there, but the prostitution is not as obvious as in the nighclubs. Nice, thanks again for the links, now I know I need to find another excusue to head back to Yangon.

" What is the religion of these gals and does it make any difference? "

You actually find in clubs almost the same variety as in the streets, buddhist burmese, but also girls from ethnic minorities, muslim, hinduist and probably other religions. Yangon is not the worst place in the world if you want to hit an indian looking girl btw.

I once stayed in a hotel in Hat Yai which had a Kareoke bar. Diners/drinkers could buy flower garlands and take them up to the singer of their choice. I fancied an exceptional older girl and bought her about half a a dozen' date=' they weren't expensive, about 20B I recall.

Next day I gave her 1000B which she was quite pleased with.[/quote']

That's standard practice all over Thailand; the type of venue is called "cafe". It's not at all guaranteed that the girls will go home with customers, though.

Some of them are quite good singers; that's basically where aspiring luk thung singers often end up if they don't "make it" (and sometimes ones with very good voices don't make it). The next step (down) from working in a cafe is straight-up hooking. There's a former cafe singer (who is still an amazing singer) working at Afterskool, and in the past I've met them in Big Dogs (Nana) and (Cowboy) Country Roads.

I've seen it since, although I entered a relationship not long after and don't frequent these sort of places like I used to. :(

I agree with the voices, there were quite good singers at a small local "cafe" I went to with my neighbour last year.

I suppose there are girls who are choosy in bars as well. I've even had one refuse to let me buy her a drink and a friend was asked for 4000B short time in Nana in 2003 which is a sure sign of a refusal.

Generally I suspect that if you're clean, polite and show signs of prosperity you'll be lucky though. :sex:

I once stayed in a hotel in Hat Yai which had a Kareoke bar. Diners/drinkers could buy flower garlands and take them up to the singer of their choice. I fancied an exceptional older girl and bought her about half a a dozen' date=' they weren't expensive, about 20B I recall.

Next day I gave her 1000B which she was quite pleased with.[/quote']

I've seen it since, although I entered a relationship not long after and don't frequent these sort of places like I used to. :(

I agree with the voices, there were quite good singers at a small local "cafe" I went to with my neighbour last year.

I suppose there are girls who are choosy in bars as well. I've even had one refuse to let me buy her a drink and a friend was asked for 4000B short time in Nana in 2003 which is a sure sign of a refusal.

Generally I suspect that if you're clean, polite and show signs of prosperity you'll be lucky though. :sex:

Well, it's important to remember that BGs working in the farang-oriented bars ALWAYS have the option of refusing a customer...that's what separates them from their less fortunate sisters in the "traditional" Thai brothel-type joints. And frankly, I wouldn't have it any other way. If you can't refuse to go with a customer, you're a slave...

Archived