Yangon, Myranmar

Hugh_Hoy

Yes I have been in one of such places and it was in Yangon. I was there about 5 years ago so i am not that sure about the prices anymore but if my memory serves me right the price for one of those 'garlands' was 1000 kyat. 1 US$ was about 900 Kyat at that time.

I dont have any idea where this 'tradition' stems from but the procedure goes like this:

If you are interested in one these 'models' you send her a 'garland' and of course you should let her know via the waiter that you are the one who sent it. In this way the girl knows that you are interested in her and when they have a break in their 'catwalk' she comes to you and you can make the arrangement to spend the rest of the night with her. You dont pay a barfine and take the girl with you immediately but wait her until she finishes her shift that night. Myanmar is no Thailand in terms of nightlife and these places are closed 11:30 pm latest. So you dont have to wait her until very late hours. The price for the girl , as usual, depends on the popularity of the girl but it was around 20-30 $ at that time, again if I remember correctly.

One other thing was that you had to pay beforehand, i mean before taking the girl. I havent seen any mamasan/papasan kind of person but very probably they dont appear publicly.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I have been in one of such places and it was in Yangon. I was there about 5 years ago so i am not that sure about the prices anymore but if my memory serves me right the price for one of those 'garlands' was 1000 kyat. 1 US$ was about 900 Kyat at that time.

I dont have any idea where this 'tradition' stems from but the procedure goes like this:

If you are interested in one these 'models' you send her a 'garland' and of course you should let her know via the waiter that you are the one who sent it. In this way the girl knows that you are interested in her and when they have a break in their 'catwalk' she comes to you and you can make the arrangement to spend the rest of the night with her. You dont pay a barfine and take the girl with you immediately but wait her until she finishes her shift that night. Myanmar is no Thailand in terms of nightlife and these places are closed 11:30 pm latest. So you dont have to wait her until very late hours. The price for the girl , as usual, depends on the popularity of the girl but it was around 20-30 $ at that time, again if I remember correctly.

One other thing was that you had to pay beforehand, i mean before taking the girl. I havent seen any mamasan/papasan kind of person but very probably they dont appear publicly.

I went two years ago.

The lady didn't have to stay until the shift was over. As soon as I indicated I would like her to spend the night with me, she changed and we left.

Also, I didn't pay up front and wasn't asked to do so.

The lady was early twenties, very attractive, very affectionate and friendly.

In fact everything was great until a distinct fish smell pervaded the room. And, unfortunately, although I am always prepared for this in Thailand with the solution at hand, I was ill prepared this time. So, activities were cut short. With a smile on my face, I paid the agreed upon amount and she finished work earlier than expected.

If you are interested in one these 'models' you send her a 'garland' and of course you should let her know via the waiter that you are the one who sent it. In this way the girl knows that you are interested in her and when they have a break in their 'catwalk' she comes to you and you can make the arrangement to spend the rest of the night with her. You dont pay a barfine and take the girl with you immediately but wait her until she finishes her shift that night. Myanmar is no Thailand in terms of nightlife and these places are closed 11:30 pm latest. So you dont have to wait her until very late hours. The price for the girl ' date=' as usual, depends on the popularity of the girl but it was around 20-30 $ at that time, again if I remember correctly.

One other thing was that you had to pay beforehand, i mean before taking the girl. I havent seen any mamasan/papasan kind of person but very probably they dont appear publicly.[/quote']

I went two years ago.

The lady didn't have to stay until the shift was over. As soon as I indicated I would like her to spend the night with me, she changed and we left.

Also, I didn't pay up front and wasn't asked to do so.

The lady was early twenties, very attractive, very affectionate and friendly.

In fact everything was great until a distinct fish smell pervaded the room. And, unfortunately, although I am always prepared for this in Thailand with the solution at hand, I was ill prepared this time. So, activities were cut short. With a smile on my face, I paid the agreed upon amount and she finished work earlier than expected.

What kind of solution?

I have little doubt that there are Burmese working P4P in BKK and other Thai cities - at one stage there was a concerted push on to ship the illegals back but I dont know how well that went. Like most things, I expect that money changed hands and the 'problem' disappeared.

Archived