Lost 12 Kg and still going

Coss

The gym is all well and good but its proven that 80% of weight loss is in what you eat, there is no easy solution.

For me the gym is a way to maintain muscle mass and bone density, aerobics is fine for burning up energy but free weights are about the only way to maintain bone density.

Feeling a little hungry all the time is good for you, I would rather feel slightly peckish than bloated all the time.

Yup, the gym might be not that important for losing weight, but without the gym you are losing muscles during the diet as well.

Due to the loss of muscle mass diet your average number of calories for to keep your body running goes down. The unfortunate result: you almost probably will gain weight after the diet, because your body burns less calories.

Greetings from the Jojo effect.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to Coss, Julian2 and HH for their persistence and efforts in losing extra pounds.

It's a fight that most lose as they diet for a while but then usually fail to change their long established eating habits. My fellow Yanks back home, bear visual testament to such failures.

Good luck and keep up the fight, guys!

• 5 months later...

After I heard some less-than-nice comments in regard to my BMI from friends as well as from some girls in PP during my recent trip to Cambo, I have decided to restart my sports and diet program.

That is, a lot of protein, moderate carbs and fat (but not low carb!). 3 days a deficit of 400-500 calories, 4th day carb loading. Full grain food, a lot of veggies.

- Gym 3 days full body workout with free weights

- 3 days running along the river nearby (very slow intervall in the beginning, as I am in a really bad shape)

Tools for support:

- www.dailyburn.com (plus iPhone app) for to track calories, exercises, weight, e.g.

- www.runkeeper.com iPhone app on my iPhone, tracks the runs (length, maps) via GPS, works perfectly as intervall timer.

Additional motivation: I will send a certain BG a progress photo of myself every three month... :D

Lost 0.5 kg/ 1 pound in the first 5 days. :content:

I've lost about 10 kilos (not sure how much really) with no diet at all, just exercise.

The bonus is the energy and mood boost you get after a good session. An example, yesterday I did a nice 2 and half hour walk/jog. I also do some yoga for flexibility, and play some serious table tennis (not hobby table tennis, the sport).

When I get lazy, I get flabby. If I go on diets, I spend all my time thinking about food. For me, exercise is the key.

I've lost about 10 kilos (not sure how much really) with no diet at all, just exercise.

The bonus is the energy and mood boost you get after a good session. An example, yesterday I did a nice 2 and half hour walk/jog. I also do some yoga for flexibility, and play some serious table tennis (not hobby table tennis, the sport).

When I get lazy, I get flabby. If I go on diets, I spend all my time thinking about food. For me, exercise is the key.

As soon I do exercise I become crazy for food. The first time I tried it with exercise, but without counting the calories I lost like 1 kg in 4 months. Therefore I need to plan my meals and calorie intake.

But I need exercise severely (for health reason and for a better mood). Once I did Atkins without sport and when I reached my weight goal all people asked me if I am ill. Diet without exercise means burning muscles.

If you're serious about losing weight this the way to go (for me anyway).

Try collapsing into a 2-week coma on your kitchen floor, in 36 degree heat and 85% humidity, no air conditioning on. :doah:

Worked for me. I lost 10kg in 15 days. :applause:

(And put it all back on, with interest, :drunk: in about 3 weeks, once the hospital had fixed me up and released me.)

Seriously, Coss, that's pretty impressive and sounds a lot more palatabe than the [color:red]Fiery Jack 'Lights Out Vienna' Diet[/color] (patent applied for). :bow:

jack :help:

Archived