Lost 12 Kg and still going

Coss

If you're serious about losing weight this the way to go (for me anyway).

Try collapsing into a 2-week coma on your kitchen floor' date=' in 36 degree heat and 85% humidity, no air conditioning on. :doah:

jack :help:[/quote']

No aircon in Japan during summer? I stayed once in an apartment in Tokyo with a broke aircon during August.

Because of the heat and humidity I woke up every night around 5 in the morning and couldn't go back to sleep. After one week I was so tired that when I had an important appointment I was too tired to talk at all. I guess the other person got the impression that I was utterly stupid. I can't remember that I have been ever so tired and exhausted (except when I finished my masters thesis). One week longer I would have crashed as well.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've lost about 10 kilos (not sure how much really) with no diet at all' date=' just exercise.[/quote']

As soon I do exercise I become crazy for food. The first time I tried it with exercise, but without counting the calories I lost like 1 kg in 4 months. Therefore I need to plan my meals and calorie intake.

I guess I'm lucky--exercise acts as an appetite suppressant for me.

Well an update is in order, I got the loss down to 14 Kilos but I've put 2 back on, just waiting for a particularly aggressive bout of gout to stabilise and then it's back into it, 10 Kg is the goal this time.

• 3 weeks later...
After I heard some less-than-nice comments in regard to my BMI from friends as well as from some girls in PP during my recent trip to Cambo, I have decided to restart my sports and diet program.

That is, a lot of protein, moderate carbs and fat (but not low carb!). 3 days a deficit of 400-500 calories, 4th day carb loading. Full grain food, a lot of veggies.

- Gym 3 days full body workout with free weights

- 3 days running along the river nearby (very slow intervall in the beginning, as I am in a really bad shape)

Tools for support:

- www.dailyburn.com (plus iPhone app) for to track calories, exercises, weight, e.g.

- www.runkeeper.com iPhone app on my iPhone, tracks the runs (length, maps) via GPS, works perfectly as intervall timer.

Additional motivation: I will send a certain BG a progress photo of myself every three month... :D

Lost 0.5 kg/ 1 pound in the first 5 days. :content:

My first month of diet and sports is over.

I lost 2.6 Kg (5.7 lbs) - more than expected.

Of course this doen't sound much compared to the others here, but I am by nature a very skinny guy and I just need to lose some 15kg/33kg to reach my ideal weight, and the leaner I become the slower the progress will be.

Anyway, I have reset my goals a little bit. I do not only want to get lean, but I want to enter the (hopefully) third chapter of my life in a better shape than the last decade...

Currently I feel my age (48). :shifty:

My muscles/tendons ache a little bit and my right hip started to hurt and I switched from outdoor running to the treadmill at the gym. And I am extremely stiff. Stretching doesn't help much. Therefore I will try out Yoga next week.

Current program:

3 days a week running following the Couch-to-5K Running Plan. By now I have increased from an intervall of 90sec running/walking to 5min running/90sec-3 min walking (total 20-25min). :up:

My aim is to run a half marathon next spring.

3 days weight training with free weights. Currently full body beginners program. I feel much stronger. :up:

I will switch to a split training next month. My aim is to learn the two major exercises with free weights: squat and deadlift - for the get a much stronger core and for to add some muscles on the long run.

Yoga is great. One of my faves: www.abc-of-yoga.com. The animations are great. The sun salutation is awesome: http://www.abc-of-yoga.com/yogapractice/sunsalutation.asp

To me the key is--listen to your body. Push things, but not too far. Don't follow other's plans too closely--if it doesn't feel quite right, adjust it. It's *your* body and you are the one who best knows how you feel.

There's a place you can go where you're pushing your limits but you're not hurting yourself. Getting to know that place is very useful.

Yoga is great. One of my faves: www.abc-of-yoga.com. The animations are great. The sun salutation is awesome: http://www.abc-of-yoga.com/yogapractice/sunsalutation.asp

The exercise includes putting the hands flat on the floor while standing. I can't even touch the floor by 10 cm. :content:

Easy!

Dig a 1m deep hole, stand in the hole,,,touch the floor (ground) :neener:

Currently I feel my age (48). :shifty:

My muscles/tendons ache a little bit and my right hip started to hurt and I switched from outdoor running to the treadmill at the gym.

Current program:

3 days a week running following the Couch-to-5K Running Plan. By now I have increased from an intervall of 90sec running/walking to 5min running/90sec-3 min walking (total 20-25min). :up:

My aim is to run a half marathon next spring.

Same same on the half marathon goal. Keep us updated.

I can't run often on a treadmill, it makes me want to scream. The nice thing is you can control and force a pace. But run outdoors. C'mon it's Scal.

Here's the most important question, what's on your playlist when you're doing this?

Ps. Good on you for sticking with it.

The exercise includes putting the hands flat on the floor while standing. I can't even touch the floor by 10 cm. :content:

I couldn't when I started--it took a few weeks of trying on a daily basis before I could. You'll never get there until you start doing it on a regular basis.

Actually, a few weeks ago the subject of yoga came up in a go-go, and the girls were quite impressed when I did the palms-on-the-floor bend for them. They made me do it again. They were probably laughing *at* me, but at least they were laughing. They refused to try--would have resulted in some nice views.

Archived