Lost 12 Kg and still going

Coss

Guys, you are way too complicated.

Why don't you stick to common sense:

My concept was simple, and counting calories becomes redundant once you stick to a healthy diet - a healthier body tends to burn foods, especially good foods, much more efficiently.

The body has fantastic enzymes to break down fruits and vegetables quickly.

Fruits, if eaten by themselves convert to good energy quite rapidly. The only stipulation I put on it is, to allow 30-45 minutes (preferably 1 hour) before you consume other foods. Also, it is best to just eat fruits in the morning to give you that energy boost.

a) A *healthy* diet consisting of mostly, or if possible 100%, non processed food (fresh veggies, fruits, brown rice, full grain bread, dairy, fish, chicken, healthy oils, e.g.). Of course organic is better, but very expensive.

Agreed :beer:

You eat the stuff you like, but mix carbs, protein and fat in most meals. And of course you'll need to have a calorie deficit.

No, not at all. Yes you can eat protein and carbohydrates, but not together. You can eat your protein (steak/fish/nuts) or carbohydrates (rice, etc), but do so in separate meals, and if you want, have some vegetables (except potatoes) with them.

Potatoes are excluded as they turn to starch once cooked, and should only be eaten by themselves or with other vegetables.

As I stated above "After all, it is simple chemistry, take chicken and rice, the digestive juices to break down one is acidic, the other is alkaline, what happens, they neutralize each other ... eventually most of this food putrefies (the protein) and ferments (the carbohydrate) ... most of this food is then wasted, and not used and passes from the stomach for peristaltic action in the intestines ... it also generates toxic acids in the body and very little nutrients."

- B) Basic exercises

cardio= running, e.g.

weight training with free weights.

As I have stated, the principles I have exposed herein are for weight loss, if you wish to get fit and bigger in a healthy way you should consult with the Big C's teachings :beer:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you brutha. This conversation has gotten pretty far off into the 'theory' side of things. Holy shit (and I contributed to that, guilty as charged).

Anyway.

Just got back from Dr's office.

Last Sunday I was driving up the freeway and got a chest pain, radiated up into my jaw and it cramped up -- and this scared me, because it's happened a few times in the last several months. Not even fucking forty yet, what the fuck. And pardon my French.

So yeah, my blood pressure is high at 138/76, did an EKG and had a very slight arrhythmia but looked OK. Weighed in at 206. Cholesterol wasn't bad.

Dr told me heart was fine but too much stress, too little sleep, horrible diet, etc. So, I have to lose 10lbs, have to quit smoking, have to eat better, have to take a vacation. Baaaaah.

So, I'm started on a plan here myself. Except fuck that 10 pounds shit, I wanna break the 170 barrier, which I haven't done since high school (any weight < 170), which means I got a little less than 40lbs to kill. At 6'1" it ain't gonna be easy. I'll look like a crack head.

Yeee ha. Lets get it on.

I'll report back here, or somewhere, in a couple months.

2169050955_8834aa0d41.jpg

Guys' date=' you are way too complicated.

[/quote']

My concept was simple, and counting calories becomes redundant once you stick to a healthy diet - a healthier body tends to burn foods, especially good foods, much more efficiently.

The body has fantastic enzymes to break down fruits and vegetables quickly.

Fruits, if eaten by themselves convert to good energy quite rapidly. The only stipulation I put on it is, to allow 30-45 minutes (preferably 1 hour) before you consume other foods. Also, it is best to just eat fruits in the morning to give you that energy boost.

a) A *healthy* diet consisting of mostly, or if possible 100%, non processed food (fresh veggies, fruits, brown rice, full grain bread, dairy, fish, chicken, healthy oils, e.g.). Of course organic is better, but very expensive.

You eat the stuff you like, but mix carbs, protein and fat in most meals. And of course you'll need to have a calorie deficit.

No, not at all. Yes you can eat protein and carbohydrates, but not together. You can eat your protein (steak/fish/nuts) or carbohydrates (rice, etc), but do so in separate meals, and if you want, have some vegetables (except potatoes) with them.

Potatoes are excluded as they turn to starch once cooked, and should only be eaten by themselves or with other vegetables.

As I stated above "After all, it is simple chemistry, take chicken and rice, the digestive juices to break down one is acidic, the other is alkaline, what happens, they neutralize each other ... eventually most of this food putrefies (the protein) and ferments (the carbohydrate) ... most of this food is then wasted, and not used and passes from the stomach for peristaltic action in the intestines ... it also generates toxic acids in the body and very little nutrients."

- B) Basic exercises

cardio= running, e.g.

As I have stated, the principles I have exposed herein are for weight loss, if you wish to get fit and bigger in a healthy way you should consult with the Big C's teachings :beer:

Actually, with the basics I gave it is said that you can lose weight and even be able to gain muscles - of course it will be only a moderate gain. BUT with this you won't destroy any muscles and the yo-yo effect won't take place.

After some different diets and exercise program my personal experience is, that the diet should be 'al natural' (no supplements except protein powder for convenience), unsophisticated and healthy. Exercise should be short and intense. I hate waisting time in the gym.

Anyway I just joined a nice gym with a lot of free weights last week for to lose some weight until summer.

Man, the edit button goes away quick.

Hey, KS, can you delete my post above. I don't know why I posted that here, just happy not to have heart problems I suppose.

Anyway, rude of me to do that in Coss's thread. I mean yeah - I'm generally a rude person, but one must have limitations and all that. Anyway, can you delete it sil vous plait.

I'll post something when I actually DO something, rather than talk.

And congrats Coss on your progress, however ye may have achieved.

- a) A *healthy* diet consisting of mostly, or if possible 100%, non processed food (fresh veggies, fruits, brown rice, full grain bread, dairy, fish, chicken, healthy oils, e.g.). Of course organic is better, but very expensive.

- B) Basic exercises

cardio= running, e.g.

This diet is very simple in it's structure, can be adapted to most countries. But of course not to all living conditions. While you can by non processed/fresh food in street of BKK, you won't much in most places in the USA (for reasonable price that is).

The training can be done in almost all gyms and is said to be the most effective for desktop warriors.

This is exactly my point though I disagree with the 100% non-processed foods part.

I can do more for people if they just eat right and exercise regularly.

Guys' date=' you are way too complicated.

[/quote']

Thank you brutha. This conversation has gotten pretty far off into the 'theory' side of things. Holy shit (and I contributed to that, guilty as charged).

Anyway.

Just got back from Dr's office.

Last Sunday I was driving up the freeway and got a chest pain, radiated up into my jaw and it cramped up -- and this scared me, because it's happened a few times in the last several months. Not even fucking forty yet, what the fuck. And pardon my French.

So yeah, my blood pressure is high at 138/76, did an EKG and had a very slight arrhythmia but looked OK. Weighed in at 206. Cholesterol wasn't bad.

Dr told me heart was fine but too much stress, too little sleep, horrible diet, etc. So, I have to lose 10lbs, have to quit smoking, have to eat better, have to take a vacation. Baaaaah.

So, I'm started on a plan here myself. Except fuck that 10 pounds shit, I wanna break the 170 barrier, which I haven't done since high school (any weight < 170), which means I got a little less than 40lbs to kill. At 6'1" it ain't gonna be easy. I'll look like a crack head.

Yeee ha. Lets get it on.

That sucks brother....

Yeee ha. Lets get it on.

2169050955_8834aa0d41.jpg

That's the best time to start. But I guess in regard to holiday, two weeks near Sukuhumvit or in Patty might not be the best treatment for you body.

:content:

• 2 weeks later...

They had a guy on one of the 'infotainment' programs here this morning and he was 'ginormous' - easily 200+kgs - but very proud of the fact that he has started exercising and lost 60kgs (!) already. His goal weight is 100kgs - still obese by the medical definition but a hell of an improvement on his current size. I was relieved that they managed to find a shirt which covered his gut - all the workout footage had it flopping in the breeze. The human body just wasnt meant to be that big.

Another 2 Kg so 25 in all (two years though)

And another 3 so 28 in two years.

If I hit 100 Kg I'll be slim enough. Only 2 to go.

It is, to do with the high protein/lo carb diet, means smaller stomach and less hunger.

Coss

Started at about 275 lbs at the beginning of the year, now around 250 (actually a couple of pounds higher after a 5-day weekend in Phuket last week :-)

The simple advice is the best. I have reduced portions, tried to restrict carbs (no rice with dinner, only meat and veggies) and exercise for 45-60 min 2-4 times a week (just riding a bike now - need to start some strength training soon).

My goal is another 20-25 pounds by the end of August...trying to take it slow and steady!

Archived