Lost 12 Kg and still going

Coss

Actually it's the opposite of what you say.

You have to burn more calories than you consume.

The best way to lose weight is to eat all the proein, vegetables, sugars, fats and carbohydrates that your body needs to survive but expend more energy in burning it up.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nevertheless some diets are easier to follow than others.

When I did Atkins I never felt hungry because of all the fat, even thought I had a calorie deficit. On other hand about a decade ago I did a low fat diet and always felt hungry.

A diet with *some* fat, a lot of veggies and a salad, i. e. with a lot of fiber, and lean protein is IMHO the most healthy and on the long run the most successful diet, because you can stick it long term. Also it's very easy to follow in LOS.

I will restart this on Monday, combined with regular visits to the gym.

exactly.....if you ate 9000 calories worth of lettuce and didn't move your ass you'd stack weight on!

No Phil, you ass would be moving on it's own. All that fibre would keep you running to the toilet.

To the sceptics, I'm just passing on what worked for me. If you think it won't work for anyone else, like I should care. :content:

Just a general reply, not directed at u Julian, havent posted in here for years so a bit rusty :cool:

End of the day its all mental, overcome the need to constantly graze, or to overeat at every sitting and you are well on the way to controlling it. The gym is all well and good but its proven that 80% of weight loss is in what you eat, there is no easy solution.

For me the gym is a way to maintain musle mass and bone density, aerobics is fine for burning up energy but free weights are about the only way to maintain bone density.

Feeling a little hungry all the time is good for you, I would rather feel slightly peckish than bloated all the time.

Typically, I'd lose about 15 kgs and then hit a plateau. And I'd stay at that level for a couple of weeks. That would be enough for me to say "fugg it". I'm depriving myself of pizza, ice cream, chips, onion rings...for WHAT? :cussing:

HH

Just got through that plateau, stuck at 12Kg loss for 2 weeks then 1Kg came off today.

Onwards and downwards :drool:

Coss

Guest lazyphil

its all so very simple. eat a balanced diet, dont deny yourself treats now and then, stop eating when full up, only eat when hungery, exercise and weight will fall off.....lots of mumbo jumbo fad diets, exerise dvds, wii fit etc out there.....

Archived