Lost 12 Kg and still going

Coss

Atkins diet! You will probably regain 20 kg after you go off the diet.

Yep' date=' Atkins. It was all hype a few years ago and even I did the diet. As with all radical diets it didn't took long until I regained every gram.

[/quote']

Yes, but not all extreme diets result in quick re-gaining of the weight.

The Christian Bale diet in particular (the one he used to lose a ridiculous 60 pounds for his role in The Machinist) really gets the fat off, and it *stays* off for a long time.

I did it for three weeks in the spring of 2009, and only recently--in the past 3 months--have I gained that weight back (so I'm doing the diet for another 3 weeks now).

Granted, my regular eating patterns are quite healthy, and I get regular exercise--mostly walking--so it's not like I binge on steaks and bacon after going off the diet. My only problem is massive beer consumption on my 3 trips to LOS every year, hahaha.

Also, be forewarned, this diet is NOT for everyone, it requires extreme discipline. All you eat is one can of tuna and several pieces of fruit per day. I supplement it with a tiny bowl of 10 grain cereal with rice milk in the morning. But that's IT. Oh yeah, lots of water too, and vitamins, haha!!

Exercise is optional, but trust me, you won't have much energy for that! I walk 4 miles a day just to and from work, and that's enough for me when I'm on this diet.

Like I said, not for everyone, but once you've made it through a few weeks, you almost have to TRY to get that weight back on!!

Don't take it personal, but this is a terrible diet. That's not dieting but starving. The body is living from it's own energy. It is no wonder that Bale looked like coming from a WWII prisoners camp.

And *any* diet without exercise (especially without resistance exercises like weight training) is burning muscles. Which means that at the end of the diet you body needs less energy, i.e. calories.

In contrary to your diet, with my diet I am even able to gain some muscles. After a few months with my diet (in my case 8 months for to lose 16 kg = 0.5kg per week) and training I will be lean, will be able to run at least 10km, will be stronger and more flexible.

:up:

I am off to the gym now... 25 min cardio. 5th week of my Couch-to-5K Running Plan. In four weeks I will be able to run 5K. 5 weeks ago I was just was just able for 2 min. ...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first thought when I saw this "diet" was Auschwitz. My second thought was the Bataan Death March. I suppose it's all right if you are going to be cast in a role as a POW at Kanchanaburi. :p

Reminds me of a student who told me she periodically went on a "pineapple diet". I ask what it was. She repied, "You eat nothing but fresh pineapple for three days, but you can eat as much pineapple as you want." Sounds like a good way to eat holes in your stomach.

Damn ... did he survive making the film? :yikes:

He did go overboard on it, didn't he? I think he did it for three months. Went from 180 to 120. Now, that is INSANE. I would never consider doing it that long.

Plus, shortly after making the Machinist, he was cast in Batman Begins, and had to set about putting ON weight (mostly muscle) for that role (for the record, the director of the Machinist never wanted him to take off THAT much weight...it was his own idea). Five months after finishing the Machinist he was at 220 for Batman Begins. Yikes.

Yep' date=' Atkins. It was all hype a few years ago and even I did the diet. As with all radical diets it didn't took long until I regained every gram.

[/quote']

The Christian Bale diet in particular (the one he used to lose a ridiculous 60 pounds for his role in The Machinist) really gets the fat off, and it *stays* off for a long time.

I did it for three weeks in the spring of 2009, and only recently--in the past 3 months--have I gained that weight back (so I'm doing the diet for another 3 weeks now).

Granted, my regular eating patterns are quite healthy, and I get regular exercise--mostly walking--so it's not like I binge on steaks and bacon after going off the diet. My only problem is massive beer consumption on my 3 trips to LOS every year, hahaha.

Also, be forewarned, this diet is NOT for everyone, it requires extreme discipline. All you eat is one can of tuna and several pieces of fruit per day. I supplement it with a tiny bowl of 10 grain cereal with rice milk in the morning. But that's IT. Oh yeah, lots of water too, and vitamins, haha!!

Exercise is optional, but trust me, you won't have much energy for that! I walk 4 miles a day just to and from work, and that's enough for me when I'm on this diet.

Like I said, not for everyone, but once you've made it through a few weeks, you almost have to TRY to get that weight back on!!

Don't take it personal, but this is a terrible diet. That's not dieting but starving. The body is living from it's own energy. It is no wonder that Bale looked like coming from a WWII prisoners camp.

And *any* diet without exercise (especially without resistance exercises like weight training) is burning muscles. Which means that at the end of the diet you body needs less energy, i.e. calories.

Point well taken, but keep in mind that "no exercise" in my life means walking a minimum of 4 miles (7 kilometers) per day, as I said in my post.

This, combined with additional walking (and the fact that I never take elevators or escalators when the stair climb is less than, say, 7 floors), means that I walk an average of 30 miles (over 50 km) per WEEK when I'm "not exercising". I'm proud to say I haven't owned a car since 1989; I walk everywhere.

I'd wager that most members of this board who "aren't exercising" take 6 MONTHS to walk 30 miles/50 km, haha...

[/quote']

Point well taken, but keep in mind that "no exercise" in my life means walking a minimum of 4 miles (7 kilometers) per day, as I said in my post.

This, combined with additional walking (and the fact that I never take elevators or escalators when the stair climb is less than, say, 7 floors), means that I walk an average of 30 miles (over 50 km) per WEEK when I'm "not exercising". I'm proud to say I haven't owned a car since 1989; I walk everywhere.

I'd wager that most members of this board who "aren't exercising" take 6 MONTHS to walk 30 miles/50 km, haha...

You can walk as much as you want, but I think that it does not not help to preserve your muscles at all (especially not your upper body muscles). Actually walking will burn even more calories and combined with such a radical diet your body will burn fat and muscles alike.

PS: I had a great week: today I ran 20 min. without a break and without struggling for the first time in years. Ate very clean, trained 6 times: _gained_ 300gr/0,6 lbs. while I lost 1cm around my waist, which means fat has been substituted by muscles. :up:

Archived