Lost 12 Kg and still going

Coss

Can't speak for most members but I can say that when I lived there, walking 30 miles was done easily in a week and I can remember on 2 occasions, I did it in a day. Towards the end of my stay, I was walking easily 10-15 miles a day on average.

Walked 30 miles in a day in BKK?

Word. Not too shabby perv.

-cmo6MRYf5g

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PS: I had a great week: today I ran 20 min. without a break and without struggling for the first time in years. Ate very clean, trained 6 times: _gained_ 300gr/0,6 lbs. while I lost 1cm around my waist, which means fat has been substituted by muscles. :up:

Excellent Kamui, keep it up, the hardest part is to get a start!

I just stepped up from 5km runs to 7.5km runs.

Love the flashback, but I don't get the relevance.

Did you not mean to post something like this?

(your song is better though:)

Nooooooooooooooo. I meant, quite muthafuckin literally, anyone who walks 30 miles in BKK is SUPERFLY and deserves a little Curtis Mayfield shout out. Relevance be damned son.

Can you dig it?

If you live outside of the tourist ghetto in Bangkok, you probably do a lot of walking. I have to walk over a kilometer just to get down my soi to the main road. One thing that strikes expats when they first move here is how much walking they actually do. In the west we get in our car to go to the corner grocery three blocks away. Here going on foot is often the fastest way to travel. :p

• 6 months later...

Exercise does not make you loose weight, it just makes you toned and healthier.

The only thing that makes you loose weight, in a healthy way is to eat good food and combine it right.

You can run a marathon, and loose 2-6 kg (mainly fluid loss) but it still takes your body more energy to fully digest 1 hamburger. Thus, the body needs fuel to loose weight, and therefore, eat foods that the body readily digests to give you that energy.

Yes, there are some extra things to know but not many, like just eat fruit in the mornings, and just fruit. Never eat fruit after food and allow 30-45 minutes for the body to break it down before you eat any other foods.

After that, just eat vegetables alone or with just one other food group, like vegetables and protein (fish/meat), vegetables with rice, vegetables with pasta or vegetables (usually in a salad form) with bread etc. Potatoes are their own kettle of fish, so just have them alone or potato and vegetables.

Also, just reduce plate size and nothing in excess. So, if you want a beer, have 2-3 but just the beer, wait 4/5 hours before you eat something else.

Oh yeah, don't dink diet foods, like diet coke, it prevents the breakdown of fats, so, if you eat that hamburger and have a diet coke it's a killer, as the diet coke literally does not add weight to your body, but because it stops the body from breaking down fats, you actually end up puttin' on weight :beer:

I've got to get some exercise now.

Good luck sir.

I'm in this vicious cycle since I was like 23. Fucking drink and gorge on crap food for a sustained period for awhile, then I get angry -- and say -- you fucking asshole (to myself), you're pathetic.

And I'll run every day and eat apples and drink a ton of coffee and smoke cigs and lose weight.

And then I get pathetic again. Constant fluctuation between 180-225lbs (that's the cut off). Back and forth.

Fucking pathetic.

:)

Anyway, good luck sir.

Archived