Star Alliance FF Scheme

jack_schist

Unfortunately i am one of these poor bastards who has hundreds of thousands of points spread between a number of airlines most of which are not partnered. But I do have 120K points on star alliance partners Thai and Singapore airlines.

Can anyone tell me if i can transfer points between airlines eg. transfer my 35K of sing miles to my Thai account? I have found the websites to be of no use when trying to work this out.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah i looked on the star alliance website and no mention of transferring or amalgamating points. I remember a couple of years ago you could transfer point from thai to sing (or vice versa) but there was a fair penalty. (eg sing points would only get 60% credit if transferred to thai). its strange cause i have no prob flying sing and getting my points credited to my thai card for the full rate.

So if you fly Thai and Singapore (both Star Alliance members) the points aren't combined? This never used to be the case, my points from flying Thai and United (back in the day) were automatically combined. Never had to do anything to make it happen... don't tell me they've moved the goal posts?

Archived