Star Alliance FF Scheme

jack_schist

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I carry only the United Star Alliance card and when I fly Thai Air, they enter my number in and the points do to my United account. I do not have a Thai Air FF account and I asked one time if I could get double points; one set going to the United account the other set going to the Thai Air account, was answered with a big NO. Understandable.

Many airlines are now screwing you on this ticket class and other crap.

United offers a "direct flight" from Chicago to BKK, but they stop in Narita (Japan)...WTF!!! and you get less FF miles. Book on the "normal flight", travel the same fucking route and you get more miles.I complained that what they were doing was fraud, but they told me to write a letter to complain...fark them! I will NEVER book that bullshit "direct flight" again....lying bastards!!!

The airlines scheme is to earn $$$ from selling miles to credit cards, hotels, etc. Then make those FF miles useless with blackout dates, double/triple mile redemptions, and make near impossible for most people to use the miles.

In any other industry you would have to get a gaming license to do this crap.

When AirNZ, launched it's GlobalPlus version of the Star Alliance FF programme, it was an appealing and readily understood thing.

Since then they have twice devalued the "points" in the order of 20%. They have also now converted the "points" to "air dollars" which have the advantage of being redeemable 1:1 for actual air fares. But this involved a further devaluation of about 10%.

Then the "air dollars" required for flights went up. And the fuel surcharge that came in when oil was way over $100 a barrel hasn't gone away.

Now Thai is refusing to give points on the most popular fares.

Now I understand that running an airline is not cheap, but attracting customers through loyalty schemes that later turn out not to be as wonderful as promised, well that's marketing.

So all in all, getting a free flight out of these marketing bastards is now about twice as expensive as it once was/promised.

Archived