Sign in to follow this  
eee

phuket thailand. Recommendation needed

Hi guys. A friend is traveling to phuket. Any recommedation on a guest friendly hotel near patong and soi eric area? P.S. He booked a room last year through a hotel website and ended up paying a huge vat and for joinning fee. ouch. thanx chok dii heythere

I stayed here one time. Nice smaller hotel up one street from beach. But good location. Near restaurants, shopping, and night life.

The hotel has a lift and a restaurant.

I'd stay again.

PS Hotel

157 Ratuthid Rd Patong Beach Phuket, Patong Beach, Thailand

076-340184‎

Note: There are two PS Hotels.

You didn't mention the price range. At the higher end, I really liked The Ban Thai . A couple of blocks from Soi Bangla, no guest hassles, decent facilities (like a couple of in-pool bars) and Molly Malone's right out front for pub food & watching sports.

Opportune thread - I will be in Phuket next week. Avoided it for years, but I figure I may as well see the madness before I get any older. Cant be any worse than my last trip to Pattaya - fuck those clowns with the firecrackers.

The tuk-tuk mafia is 100X worse. It'll cost you several hundred baht to go anywhere with them. The police are scared of them and will do nothing.