One Night In Bangkok

eyebee

I live in Pattaya, and visit Bangkok very infrequently. However, I had to visit the British Embassy on Monday, so decided to go to Bangkok on Sunday and sample some of the nightlife on Sunday night. I started quite early (8:00pm), so some of my observations may not apply later at night.

First stop was Nana Plaza, and the first bar was Rainbow 4 as I had heard good things about it. When I entered there were just 4 girls on stage. Two were naked or topless and the other two in bikinis. All seemed a bit chubby and/or elderly, though. As I left, there were a few more girls on stage, but nothing to write home about.

Next bar was Spanky’s. Very good looking bar and some very good looking girls in here, some topless. But no shows. I guess they start later at night.

I looked in G-Spot. Some very good lookers here. Some topless, and most had the flat stomachs that I like. I had quite a nice chat with one of the service girls. Very friendly.

Next was Mercury. Cheapish beer (80 baht), but the line-up was dire.

Looked in Rainbow 2. Much better than Rainbow 4, with a number of very pretty girls in there in various states of (un)dress. I may have been the only non-Japanese farang in there.

Looked in Carnival, but only 4 girls dancing, all clothed. Didn’t stay.

Met my mate back at the Dynasty Inn, and we headed off to Cowboy. Time was now around 9:30pm. I haven’t been to Cowboy for a few years, and my God what a change! Loads of neon, and the street is much narrower as many of the gogos have added a veranda with an outside bar area. Catering for the smokers, I guess. All the neon reminded me of downtown Las Vegas.

First stop in Cowboy was Suzie Wong’s. Nice selection of girls in there, some topless, but nothing to whet my appetite.

Then on to Rawhide. Great selection of girls and some great shows. I particularly enjoyed the “Water Nymph†show, where the girls enter the shower as nymphs and gradually strip off.

Next was Long Gun (which seems to have changed its name – I forget what the new name is). I always thought that Rawhide and Long Gun were sister bars, but they seem very different now. No shows in Long Gun, but the policy seems to be that all girls dance naked. A policy I thoroughly agree with! Good bar.

Looked into Tilac – but all girls clothed, so we didn’t stay.

Wandered into Sheba’s. What a strange layout in this bar. Seems to be more for diddling than for perving, as there didn’t seem to be many seats from which you could see the dancers.

We then went into Déjà Vu, but I had seen it all before (joke!). Not a bad bar, but I don’t remember too much about it (maybe the effects of the alcohol I had been consuming).

Next on the itinerary was Baccara. Very similar set up to the one in Pattaya. We went upstairs, where all the cute young spinners dance. Enjoyed it.

It was now about 1:00am, and the lights were starting to go out, so I decided to call it a night.

A few general observations. Drinks prices are much higher in Bangkok than in Pattaya. Apart from Mercury, beer prices seemed to be between 135 and 180 baht, similarly for shorts (I was drinking G&T). The average in Pattaya is around 105 to 120 baht (65 baht for draught beer). I didn’t buy any lady drinks, yet I must have got through 5000 baht. Also, despite reports to the contrary, I didn’t find the quality or quantity of the Bangkok girls to be superior to those in Pattaya. Smoking in bars is much more prevalent in Pattaya than in Bangkok (especially in Cowboy). Whether that’s good or bad probably depends on whether you’re a smoker or not.

Anyway these my observations from One Night in Bangkok. YMMV.

Wandered into [color:red]Sheba’s[/color]. What a strange layout in this bar. Seems to be more for diddling than for perving, as there didn’t seem to be many seats from which you could see the dancers.

[color:red]We then went into Déjà Vu,[/color] but I had seen it all before (joke!). Not a bad bar, but [color:red]I don’t remember too much about it (maybe the effects of the alcohol I had been consuming)[/color].

Regarding that other very active thread, would this be yet another clue? ;)

Re Rainbow 4, my last few visits in BKK (last time more than a yr ago now) it was by far the best lineup anywhere, and more girls total than anywhere too. I keep seeing reports like yours here of how there isn't much there at all now, how other Rainbows are better -- on my last 2 visits it was clearly the other way around, and nothing in Nana or Cowboy came close. Are R4's glory days history already? I wonder how that happened. R4 used to be Little Tokyo, not R2. Maybe they changed their minds and decided to make R2 the new flagship bar.

One thing I forgot to add. The music played in the bars (especially in Cowboy) is much better than in Pattaya. The music is more rock orientated, and they play proper songs, rather than the nasty tuneless stuff we get in Pattaya most of the time. The other plus was that the music didn't drown out conversation.

Archived