Someone please explain this to me

chaseq1

I was in Superbaby two nights ago at about 3:00 a.m. I was the only customer there as it was very late. It was clear that the prime girls had already been taken up and what was left were just the less desirable ones. I saw one that was fairly pretty who was making eyes at me and had a drink with her.

After talking for a few minutes I thought she might be fun and she seemed eager to go with me. I asked how much for LT and she quoted me 3500B for LT and 2100 B for ST. I countered with 2500B for LT, but she did no move from her price. She claimed that the mamasan set the price and she could not negotiate down. Now although I am not some prettyboy I don't think it was her way of refusing to go with me by quoting a high price.

I declined and she finished her lady drink and left to join the girls. When some of the girls asked her what happened I gathered that she informed them that I offered only 2500B for LT. They all seemed to agree with her decision.

My question is what is it with the girl's/gogo's thinking. It is 3:00 a.m. I was the only customer in the gogo until a couple of guys came in. The decision-making is beyond me. By holding fast to their price the bar lost a 600B BF and the girl lost out on 2500B.

Not to make an over simplified analogy, but back home in the states an hour before closing time the bakeries sell their remaining baked goods for 1/3 off their normal price because the bakery either has to throw them out at the end of the day or sell them as day old for 50% off the next day. This concept is not foreign to Pattaya as at Tops Supermarket the sushi gets discouted 35% before closing. So what is the deal here with Superbaby? I can understand the desire to keep prices up, but it's to nobody's benefit to lose a customer at the end of the day when there is not some other punter coming in the door at the end of the night. Is this just a situtation of This Is Thailand?

By the way, I picked up a cute bird for 1000B LT on Walking Street at 4:00 a.m.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When they run low on money then prices will come down....maybe its been a good high season this year and the coffers are fairly full...inflexible high prices will just persuade more customers to pick up a girl from walking st.or beach Rd. on the way home - a trend which is growing.

• 2 weeks later...
When they run low on money then prices will come down....maybe its been a good high season this year and the coffers are fairly full...inflexible high prices will just persuade more customers to pick up a girl from walking st.or beach Rd. on the way home - a trend which is growing.

I don't agree, when things get tough, as a general rule, Thais are more likely raise prices than lower them.....

it funny punters seem to think all Thai bar girls are willing to spread their legs and get pounded by a sweaty fat falang for peanuts. Just the fact that you're comparing her with stale bread allows us to understand where you're coming from.

Although they suck and fuck for a living , they are humans and have their self respect. Money's important but its not everything.

Looks to me like her understanding is of economics is pretty good. I don’t see Top’s discounting a can of baked beans because it is almost closing time.

:D

TH

That's true...but they take the dented and oozing cans off the shelf, don't they? And maybe the "use by" dated stuff?

HH

Archived