A Firefox question

radioman

I upgraded to FF 3.6 and at that point the behaviour of "Open in a new tab" seems to have changed. Previously FF would place the new tab at the right hand end of the tab list, now it opens the tab immediately to the right of the tab that opened it. Might be better for some but I would personally prefer it to be as in the older version. Not able to see where or if this is possible. Any body got an idea?

Cheers.

This worked for me:

* Type about:config in Firefox's address bar, followed by a carriage return to enter it. Then, if needed, click the “I’ll be careful, I promise!†button.

* Next, in the filter box, type in:

tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent

* Right-click that about:config entry, and select “Toggle†so the "value" is "false"

This will convert Firefox back to opening a new tab from a web page on the far right of the tab bar, rather than right next to the tab you opened it from.

To switch back, follow these same steps and toggle the “false†back to “trueâ€Â.

Boo, thanks. Whilst Tab mix plus does the job, and indeed a lot more it seems, your answer was the one I was sort of expecting at first. I suspect many of us that use FF are like me and have not really spent much time mining the documentation for help or information on how to get the best out of the program. Isn't that true of much of the software we use. I know about the table of entries in text format (about:config) but I have not really given it the time it probably deserves. In a bid to try and correct that I plan reading a bit and offer the following for those interested to learn a little more by reading. Didn't our teachers tell us that reading was a great way to enrich our knowledge? So for anyone interested take a browse here.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox

and maybe here too

http://www.newbie.org/firefox/

Oh yeah, my must have FF extension is FireFTP for whenever I need ftp access to somewhere. Works well enough in a tab that I don't need a standalone application anymore.

Archived